Upgraded 3D-module for the Snapmaker Original

I’m just wondering if at some point you’ll consider selling an improved 3D-printing module for the Snapmaker Original- specifically a dual fan for better performance.

Or is it possible to use the 3D-printing module from the Snapmaker 2.0 on the Original?

We are going to develop an adapter for the Snapmaker 2.0 so that the 2.0 can use modules from the Original. But we don’t have a plan yet to make the modules from the 2.0 compatible with the Original.

1 Like

Given the amount you have learnt since this began, can’t you see the deficiencies in the original 3D module that could be fixed with a small effort, and the profit you could make as a result?

For example:

• Design doesn’t work well with flexible filaments
  • It’s LOUD.
  • Cooling is sub-par for 2020

One of the distinct advantages of creating a modular system, is being able to upgrade the modules. I would like to give you more of my money, but if you don’t service existing customers in ways that help them to improve their experience and the products they create with your product, then I see no reason to make my next printer a Snapmaker.

Yes, I know I can print parts, add fans and shrouds, replace the fans with quieter ones - but given the issues, I can’t get exact results for those parts, and the tolerances/space to add a cooling shroud is very small (unless you look at adding blower fans and kitting out the module past it’s original footprint, but at that point, why invest more to get something DIY, when there are so many other options out there, you might have to deal with stripped threads, buck converters, etc, etc.

If you put out a fixed/improved 3D module, I’d buy it instantly.

Thanks!

1 Like