Untapped hole in platform

When I assembled my Snapmaker A250, I found that one of the holes in the platform was untapped, so I was not able to put the screw for the heated bed at that spot.

I noticed that the holes in the platform have what looks like M6 male to M4 female thread converters. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace this on my own, so that I can secure the heated bed at that point? If so, where can I buy one (I live in Singapore)?

I emailed the Snapmaker support team to ask if it was possible to send me a replacement converter, but received this reply: “We have designed 14 screws for the heated bed of A250. It will not affect the printing quality if you use 13 of them.”

However, I’m worried that it might affect the levelling of the bed. From what I’ve read on this forum, it seems like even the slightest error in levelling can affect the first layer adhesion greatly, and I did notice this at that spot when I printed a first layer today to test the levelling.

Hi Andrew, here is Edwin.
How about the result of larger-area printing?

1 Like

Hi @Edwin, I have printed a 225x245 mm first layer on my A250. This was after I had calibrated the extruder (it was under-extruding previously), and did a manual 3x3 calibration.

While it was printing the “outline”, I saw that the line at the bottom of the bed was not adhering to the bed at all. This resulted in the “outline” moving and getting under the subsequent printing of the infill.

At the bottom right corner, the filament was also not adhering to the bed, and there was a hole in the corner as a result.

The overall print quality was also not very good, with lots of rough spots throughout the print, although maybe this is due to the printer settings?

It does seems that the levelling is particularly off along the bottom of the bed, I’m just not sure if this could be caused by the missing screw in the platform.

I printed the layer with these settings in Snapmaker Luban:
Build plate initial layer temperature: 70 deg C
Printing temperature: 205 deg C
Flow: 100%
Normal print quality without adhesion.

You might have better luck just getting a tap and die set, then to get the specific converter. Just a thought. I am not a SM employee.

Please email me and I will offer a solution for you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.