"Unable to start job error code" (3d print) in cold environment

Today I tried to print and received the “Unable to start job” error message after multiple power cycles, and sending the job through Luban and also via flash drive. I verified all the cables were snugly inserted and the enclosure registered as closed.
Luban was setup for the A350 which is what it is.

The touchscreen where it shows the status lights for the equipment, it displayed the “heated bed” status light as amber, the rest were green. The “Nozzle Temp” was 6549 °C and “Heated Bed temp” was 0 °C. This was reproduced during multiple power cycles and after replugging the connectors into place.

The printer is in my unheated shop, the air temperature was around or a little below 0 °C. Was it probably just too cold to initialize properly?

Have you recently changed the hotend? Sometimes the wires/pins in the plug and socket come adrift, a temperature as high as that suggests the thermocouple is not connected.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’ll check that tomorrow. I printed something a couple weeks ago, haven’t touched it since. Haven’t ever messed with the hotend on this printer yet.

Or that the thermocouple is shorted out or defective.

-S