U1 Print Hub - big update since v2.6: scheduling, spool tracking, remote access, and a lot more

Hi everyone,
A while back I shared U1 Print Hub here at v2.6 - the free, open-source dashboard for the U1 that runs on your own PC and talks to the printer over your LAN through Moonraker (no firmware mods, nothing installed on the printer). It’s come a long way since, so I wanted to post an update. It’s at v2.21 now, and both of the things I said were “coming soon” in that first post have shipped, plus a lot I hadn’t even planned yet.

Quick reminder if you missed the first post: it works whether you have one U1 or a whole farm, everything stays on your network, and there are prebuilt Windows/Mac/Linux binaries so you don’t need to install anything extra.

Where it’s at now (v2.21):
Live dashboard - every printer on one page: status, progress, thumbnails, loaded colors, chamber camera, and print history.

Unified file library (this was “in development” last time) - your Hub library and each printer’s onboard storage in one merged list, and you can copy files straight from one printer to another with verified transfers. No USB sticks.

Dispatch scheduler - line up your queue and it plans the work across every printer, around the hours you’re actually home to swap plates. It flags when two jobs want the same spool, adopts prints that are already running when it starts up, and hands each start back to you for a bed-clear confirmation. If two prints are fighting over the same color, you can push one back a spot in line.

Maintenance mode - pull a printer offline to work on it and its jobs automatically redistribute to the rest, then fold back in when you mark it ready. A print already on the bed keeps running and stays on the timeline. Much cleaner than yanking power and having it show up as a fault.

Spool Match - reads the colors currently loaded on each printer and shows you which library files those colors can print right now, best match first. One tap to send it.
Spools and RFID - scan a spool’s tag with your phone (or print a QR label for tagless rolls) and the Hub remembers the brand, material, color - including dual-color silks and gradients - and temps for good. Scan again to load it into a slot with the head color set to match. It also tracks which machine and slot every spool is sitting in.

Resource Monitor - reads the g-code for everything you’ve got queued, totals the filament by color, compares it to what’s on your shelf, and tells you what you’re going to run short on before you run out. Each row has a quick reorder link.

Filament color management - set slot colors right from the dashboard using the same write-then-verify the touchscreen uses, and it respects the lock on official RFID spools.

Full Spectrum Mix Planner - extract palettes from 3MFs, solve CMYW mixes with proper color-difference grading, and flag out-of-gamut colors before you waste filament. It can even tell you which four spools from your shelf to load for a given project.

Jump into any printer’s Fluidd page right from the dashboard, no typing IP addresses.

Secure remote access (this was “in final testing” last time) - built-in Cloudflare tunnel so you can check on a print from anywhere over HTTPS, no port forwarding, nothing exposed on your network. It won’t even start the tunnel until you’ve set a password.

Plus smart-plug power control (with a guard that won’t cut power mid-print), skip-a-single-object mid-print, per-printer temperature graphs and lifetime stats, an optional password gate or reverse-proxy auth, and it’ll now tell you when a new version is out.

One more thing: it does more than U1s now. It’ll talk to other Klipper/Moonraker printers too, though that part’s still beta and I’m gathering real-hardware reports.
GitHub (code, releases, setup): GitHub - dlgambill/u1hub: A hub to hold and push gcode files to Snapmaker U1 printers · GitHub

It’s still a hobby project I build and test against my own machines, so I’d genuinely welcome feedback, bug reports, or feature ideas. Thanks to everyone who’s tried it so far, and happy to answer any questions here.

4 Likes

Hey,

I am just about to start using the Hub and I am not sure this is is really the tool I was searching / the tool that was intended for this:

I want to track my prints (when did I print what, with gcode, with output of used filament), my filament (what kind, color, temperature, and more details you need to know how to handle it, and linked to the prints I made) and my spools (spool #32 is if kind xy, and has 354g left).

I think the hub is really near this, even when only using a single printer.
Features I would miss for my use: Either more detailed information about the filaments/spools, OR writing back the used filament to spoolman (if this should be the master of spools, but you do not want to install a custom firmware to this to happen).

Another killer feature would be to write back filament profiles to Snorca - even if it would not have ALL the details, but the kind, the color, the naming, stuff like that, so I would not need to create every spool in two worlds.

As I said, I am not sure if U1 Print Hub really is the place where this is intended to be from your pov, but I thought I still leave this comment :slight_smile:

Meanwhile: Amazing work and a cool software where I would LOVE to have a bunch of printers to get orchestrated with it :slight_smile:

Thanks, really glad you’re liking it! Honest answer: the Hub is mainly built around running printers, but a lot of what you want is already in there. Every spool can have its brand, material, color, temps, grams left and price. When a print finishes, the grams each head used come off the spool that was loaded, with the cost and an Undo if it got something wrong. So “spool #32 has 354 g left” and “this print used X g of it” are both covered today.

The Spoolman part is a good call. Right now the Hub only imports from Spoolman, but Spoolman has a clean way to record usage, so sending used grams back so Spoolman stays the master is very doable. I’m adding it to the list. The Orca profile idea is cool but trickier - Orca profiles are per material rather than per spool, and color lives in the project, so I’m parking that one for now.

And one printer works fine - you’ll just have a very calm dispatch screen :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

the “very calm dispatch screen” line got me — honestly that’s probably the most relatable description of running a single printer.

1 Like