Suddenly no longer printing

I have bought a snapmaker 2.0 350t about 3 months ago, and since then have only printed less than 1 spool of stuff.

Today when I fired the printer up, it printed the following in 2 minutes (the brim), it is actually so thin that I cant scrape it off, or perhaps it has melted the magnetic surface plate somehow?

Then I turned around the plate and let it run again for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes what happened is the 2nd image.

Again I was unable to remove the layer from the plate.

What do I do? I seem to have 2 issues, one is the plate getting melted or material stuck, and the other issue is no layers being properly printed.

Using the load filament function actually extrudes the filament properly.

Did you level the bed before these prints? Looks like the nozzle is scraping the bed.

No but I have not moved the machine and printing that I did a day ago was fine.

I think I could re-level it, should I do a 5x5 or 3x3? and I have seen some people us the calibration paper under every spot when the nozzle lands, should I do it that way?

And would I need a new magnetic bed?

You never mentioned you did a (successful) print before those. Just that it sat for 3 months (and bed level data could have been cleared/wiped in that time). I have no further suggestions.

My apologies, no I have done a few prints successfully (less than 1 spool in total) with 2 different filaments.

Done a calibration just now, but Iā€™m having the same experience, nothing is seem to be printing

Check your filament feed, could the extruder pull the filament easily?
Calibrate your bed less tight, maybe use your live-z-offset to get more distance between nozzle and bed.

Not sure, why did you disturb the print, was the extruder now working?

The only time you should be using the calibration card is at the end. The nozzle shouldnā€™t be coming anywhere close to touching the bed. Itā€™s only at the end that you use the card to tell the SM how far away from the bed the sensor had been. If the nozzle is touching during calibration than you either need to adjust your sensor or replace it. Do a search for info on checking and adjusting it.

Usually the problems youā€™re seeing are from printing the first layer too close.

-S

1 Like

Let me share my experience, Iā€™ve got my A350T 6 months ago but unpack it just a month ago. I did some 3D printings fairly (but way too far to say satisfactory) only after manual calibration.
whenever I did the auto leveling, in some point the print head dip into the heat bed, and then the touch screen report something wrong and ask me to repeat or quit, after a few repeats, I gave up the procedure and level manually, at least I can print stuffs right now.
I read some passages here, maybe a conclusion the leveling sensor is not in correct position and I was too busy try to figure out.
For the first auto leveling, and I try the test print, the outcome is just like your second picture, and I know the print head had aleady melt the mat, I just flip it over and then auto level again, however I did some stupid tricks, in the last step I have to adjust the offset, I rise it for, hmmā€¦ maybe 3mm by pressing the 0.5mm offset a couple of times, then I could print for a few times.
Then I didnā€™t remember what happened and the first layer could not stick to the bed again, then I re-calibrate by auto level and the result was mentioned above.
Now I manually calibrate and rinse the print head 0.1mm more than as suggested by manual after ā€œsome resistance feltā€, now my status is ā€œjust after no resistance feltā€ and I have been printing more than 2kg of filaments. :joy:

Thank you, I will have to look how to do manual calibration, but I will give it a try.

So at the final step use the paper and make sure there is no resistance? Am I understanding this correctly?

Now that being said, I would think that I should order a new print mat as this is melted now?

What about the print head (when I press load it extruded properly, so donā€™t think there is any clog but Iā€™m totally new to 3d printing)

Thanks

I have to clarify more, I did two different calibrations:

1. for auto level 3x3, the last point in the middle, I have to manually adjust the print head, I move the printhead up by 3mm after the printhead touch the mat and the paper could not / hardly to move. Then I could print the first layer successfully.
  2. After autolevel failed, I did the manual leveling, for each of the 9 points, I was supposed to set the printhead with ā€œa little resistanceā€, but that causes the first layer too tight on the mat. so I rise the printhead up 0.1 mm after ā€œa little resistanceā€, so I could say it is ā€œjust after no resistanceā€

Yes, I use a piece of usual paper, not the calibration card.
Basically that should not be the case, I should figure out the error source and solve it, but I am too busy on my works and I want to print something for the Christmas. so I will try whatever could solve the problem temporary.

Thank you, I just tried again to calibrate auto 5x5 and got it to Start printing the first layer but I think itā€™s still too low as this happened (not sticking or should I say following the nozzle?)

So I used the z offset and given it +0.05 and it seems to be printing now, which Iā€™m happy about however I still think that there is something off about it.

(like some of the bits are not sticking, but I would think thatā€™s due to the fact that the magnetic surface is not level due to the nozzle having it scratched/melted)

Thanks again for everyoneā€™s suggestions

Just somewhat off topic, I donā€™t find 5x5 calibration on the touch screen, someone said that I have to hack the firmware.
or is it the older version of firmware which could do the 5x5?
I jusy unpack the machine and let it auto update, not aware about the firmware version.
(right the moment I am still printing for my kids for more than 24 hours, I dare not interrupt to see the verion)

I am on the latest firmware, and had it since then.

I think you must click on the settings and then select 3d printing and there are 3 options

1 says auto leveling
The other says heated leveling and finally in between should be the grid size 3x3 4x4 and 5x5.

I will check later and confirm.

This is ridiculous, so yesterday I printed another item and it worked fine except a small bit didnā€™t stick to the surface, then in the morning right after the first one finished, while the plate is still hot, I started the same print again and 10 hours later it was perfect.

I then tried to print a different object and nothing is sticking properly.

I tried increasing the bed temperature from 60 to 70/75, increasing head temperature from 200 to 210, and even lowering the speed as much as I canā€¦

Iā€™m so annoyed. A Ā£200 printer works better than this Ā£2000 garbage (yes at the moment it is garbage to me, because I canā€™t do anything with it)

If itā€™s not sticking it means the magnetic plate is not clean. Try washing with soap and water, then rinse thouroughly and dry with a soft towel, not a paper towel. Itā€™s OK to be sllightly damp when you put it on the machine, BUT turn on the heated bed manually first to finish drying it completely before printing anything.

Hello. I have an A350T. I enjoyed it so much that I also bought an F350T and an A150. I also bought a secondhand A350 and have been printing milling and laserimg successfully for 12 months. Iā€™ve encountered the same problem youā€™ve encountered and itā€™s very frustrating. These are the things I do. Some of the things I do regularly as routine maintenance and others only when I encounter a problem.

1. Regularly spray isopropyl alcohol on heating mat and nozzle before and after every print and wipe with micro cloth.
  2. For badly stained prints on plate I heat the bed to very hot temp and scrap off as much print as I can. After this I remove the plate cool and clean with acetone
  3. I regularly clean nozzle and feed by dripping isopropyl alc down the feed tube and using .3mm long needle (buy it on eBay). For badly clogged nozzles I drop some acetone in and clean with .3 needle. Heat nozzle to higher temp to also melt offending pla/ or other material. Also not all materials are the same. I had real problems with a clay Matte pla but changed to another roll and it worked fine. So try different material/ rolls. For badly clogged nozzle I use a mail file to clean outside of nozzle and tip after cleaning with isopropyl Al or acetone
  4. I also and only use the automatic calibration procedure that comes with the machine. Iā€™ve never tried to do manual leveling and havenā€™t had any issues but I have occasionally removed the heat bed and reinstalled it. I never overthighten the heat bed screws. I had the problem you encountered on my secondhand machine and found that the screws were tightened way too much so much so I had to drill some out. After reinstalling the heat bed with moderately tightened screws, cleaning the nozzle and automatically recalibrate bed it worked fine.

So far I have only used PLa for printing I use the recommended settings of nozzle temp 200 and initial heat bed temp of 70 deg. Depending on the prints I adjust parameters including initial speed / brim / skirt etc to improve adhesion. Hope these may help you

1 Like