STL files saved in inches, can luban covert them?

hello,
I came across a STL file on thingiverse that is save in inches. Is there a way to get LUBAN s/w to covert to metric?

Did you try it? Better to try first since I honestly don’t think there’s many American English measurement files out there.

I know Cura recognizes both and can convert it to metric if needed. But Luban is rather limited, do you have the link to let me test it?

Update: I see no way in Luban to do it.

thanks…i saw a post where it was suggested to increase the scale by 2540% which seems to work
:slight_smile:

@damhard holy crap that’s a huge scale lmao. Personally, to avoid the headache, I just go into blender and change the measurements to metric and re-export.

Pretty sure if you scale the part 2540.00% it will be freedom units to metric

simplify 3d does that for you if it think the part is too small it will say hey is this not metric u should try this out if it doesnt seem right

Thanks…I have almost finished printing the parts and they look ok. When they are 1st opened in luban they look minuscule, after applying that scale they look about right

Yes, that’s the correct conversion factor (1 inch = 24.5 mm).

1 Like

Actually the proper conversion factor of inch to millimeters is 25.4. In Luban the scale factor to use is 2540.