Some problems with my new 2W Infrared Laser and my Artisan

Hello,
I have received the 2W infrared laser module for my Artisan.
Unfortunately, when I unpacked it, I realized that the packaging was not ideal. The foam was extremely worn and there were small crumbs all over the box. Even on the laser.
Then the next problem during the first test of the laser.
The fan started up very loudly and made strange noises. It seems to have a defect. It doesn’t just spin up, it sounds like the fan is defective.
Then the next problem when I tried to use the laser. I uploaded a logo for test purposes via Luban and had it lasered after I had adjusted it using the 2-point adjustment.
After starting the process it does something, but it lasers something below the actual logo. I don’t know what exactly it does there and you can’t see the result.
You can also see in Luban that it is doing something below the actual job. But not what it is actually supposed to laser. I suspect there is a bug here, or does nobody else have this problem?

Then another question about adjusting the height. Should I use the card that comes with the laser module or the plastic block shown in the quick guide? That’s a bit confusing.

It’s also not really clear to me why you don’t always post a short tutorial video for each product. That’s not complicated for you and could be much more helpful than these quick guides.

I hope you can help me!
Thanks!

Carsten

Hi @MaCar ,

Sorry for the experience.

1. Do you have any photos of the unboxing? Is there any visible damage to the module?

2. Before using the module, did you update to the latest firmware, V2.7.3? After the update, the 2W infrared laser module will turn off the internal low-speed fan during standby to reduce noise.

3. Could you provide a photo of the engraved work? Alternatively, you can submit a ticket to Support, and they will assist you with the issue.

4. When adjusting the laser height, please use the calibration card. The top half of the quick start guide explains the principle of using the focusing rod for calibration, while the bottom half provides the steps. Please follow the touchscreen instructions for adjusting the laser height.

Thank you!

Zoe

2 Likes