So disappointed and angry. A350 enclosure

Ok after waiting for months to receive this machine and reading all the horror stories in the forums guess what. I spent a day building it making sure everything was perfect. The enclosure too. Spent a lot of money on it with extra materials etc. But all that is irrelevant.
I built it twice now. Checked everything 3 times. When I switch it on it makes one single short clunk and the screen docent find the machine. DO you want to reconnect comes up. Ok click yes and nothing. Check the forum. It says check the breathing light. Thats fine. Connect directly to my PC it says. Nothing just one little clunk when I switch it on. My god I am really cooking inside. Please someone help. I started a ticket and they say 5 days before I get a reply.
One other thing Its all beautifully made but the sliders for the doors really let the show down. Have they not heard of metal roller bearings.

1 Like

If you have some cable lube or anything shoot some in the sliding track - slides like butter then.

If it makes a clunk when you turn it on I think that’s good - means the controller is enabling the steppers. I didn’t catch what happened when you connected your computer to it. You may need to install the usb serial driver if a serial port named WCH isn’t showing up in Luban.

The touchscreen is not necessary for basic operation of the machine - you can unplug it and fully control it from a computer, so if the touchscreen is broken for some reason it’s not really the end of the world if the main controller works.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this. I run a Mac. I will check for this WCH. What happens when you switch a normal machine on

Not sure where you’re seeing message "doesn’t find machine.
On hand controller? Or on your pc?
Can you take a picture of what it’s saying?
Make sure the controller is all the way plugged in (do all plugging and unplugging with machine off)
You’ll think it’s all the way in but there’s one last little click when it’s all the way in.

-S

Drivers:

Not always necessary but not sure why they sometimes are or aren’t

-S

The message comes on the display. The machine clunks once and the controller tries to find it but the machine is not recognised.

Do you have some photos of assembly and wiring for us to look at?

Are all the cables inserted the proper way (it is possible to insert them backwards)

I wonder if you unplug some of the modules temporarily if it will do anything such as the tool head or the linear modules

When it clunks, what clunks exactly? left/right? front/back? up/down?

regardless, yeah i like their idea, lets try to connect it via computer at least for now

when trying to connect to your computer make sure to use the mini-usb, the usb-a doesnt work for that.

edit: wait a minute - the enclosure -

you havent updated the firmware have you?

if you disconnect the enclosure will it work? - there is a mandatory firmware update for the enclosure to work.

just a thought.

![IMG_2575|666x500](

I have disconnected every wire one at a time with the machine off. I have disconnected the screen and tried with Luban but I cannot find if the machine is recognised. The clunk comes every time it is switched on. I have pit my hand on the head and it seems to come from that access.
I have double checked everything.

Usually you see that message when you are having a problem with the machine downloading code from luban over wifi.

What does it do if you say “no”?

Goes blank and dosent show anything

Okay

I think we are going to need to get that plugged into your computer to get things rolling a bit.

I think from the latest version of luban you might be able to update the firmware on the machine, although from the original firmware it wasnt possible to update without using the interface so maybe it will not work, but it will at least help us figure out if the machine itself can function without the display working.

i would disconnect the enclosure cables regardless for the time being

I can’t see it in Luban and don’t know where to look

I have tried to find the laser in Inkscape but that doesn’t work either

Snapmaker 2.0 – Downloads - Snapmaker

downloaded the mac os driver?

Tried that and restarted

I dont know much about mac, windows you can look in device manager to see if anything shows up there.

Try another usb cable?

maybe download the firmware and put it on the USB to see if it will recognize when it boots?

Not really sure where else to go from here.

Thats one I have not thought about I will give that a go thanks.

reviewing other posts about this, it sounds like the display is bad - but usually they have the ability to control via luban in that case, so i wonder if it is instead the hub which is acting up

try to fiddle around more with the computer connection, disconnect the display altogether perhaps, and just try to brute force it.

if it was windows i would be able to help more

I hope you get it solved please update us if you do, and hopefuly support gets back to you ASAP.

to connect with usb to your mac you need to use usb-a on mac side and (EDIT:) mini-usb on SM side.
-S