Snap maker 2 ad

Hoping this is real and not the fb holiday scams. If it is I’m looking forward to what you build.

https://www.snapmaker.com/platform/

3 Likes

@Carcharoth

This is real, this is the next version of the Snapmaker. The design team has been busy and taken in many suggestions from the user community.

We are all champing on the bit to get more details of the Kickstarter project, cost and estimated availability

Doug

1 Like

It looks good. When’s the Kickstarter going to start? @Rainie? @Jade? @whimsycwd?
I’m a little disappointed they didn’t post a link HERE the same time as they put it up on their snapmaker.com page. Their Forum support has been seriously lacking. Probably due to all the work on the 2.0 version.

Looks like the controller is now a separate box. The box on the back of the Z axis appears to just be a junction box with many more connections. I hope the new controller has a good QUIET fan. I’m also hoping they used the quiet stepper motor drivers.

The text says it has “Auto Leveling” so they must have added a way to sense the surface.
Also has a “filament sensor” for when you run out.

I suspect that so far the pictures are mostly CG and not real photos of prototypes.

I hope they put out a comprehensive list of what is improved.

3 Likes

Hi @Tone

Firstly, happy New Year to you and wishing you a great 2019

The Snapmaker 2 news, I put it down to the company evolving. This teasing style marketing campaign disappeared years ago. Still I have faith in Snapmaker, patience needs to be our friend.

Doug

2 Likes

copied from the Facebook group, but my 2 cents and take on this article:

Damian Flower these two paragraphs capture my main focus:

"I spoke with the team and asked them about perhaps creating a Kickstarter reward tier that just included the linear modules and the board, so Snapmaker 1 users could use their old modules with it for a little less money, and they were naturally a little hesitant.

They said they would need to see what kind of market there would be for such a barebones system. And they said the new modules are all excellent upgrades to the existing modules, so the best course would be to get them as well. But they are at least ready to listen if the community shows interest"

Being marketed, advertised and sold as a modular system I wholeheartedly agree with the end users “choice” to purchase the components individually.

It appears that peoples focus (my own included) was the promise of longer linear modules being made available; they ARE being made available, BUT you need to upgrade the controller board module to support it.

I personally think this is a reasonable/justifiable approach by the Snapmaker company as they have made improvements (with community feedback) to all of the individual components.

It would be a great disservice to the kickstarter group and Snapmaker community ethos of the product if there was no option provided for existing Snapmaker owners to have the choice of modules/components to upgrade.

• I am very happy with my v1-1600mw Lazer module and v1 3D print module, I see no reason to purchase a v2 of these modules

• I would like to get better results from the CNC function and will upgrade the controller board and get v2 of the CNC module to achieve this

• If I could purchase another linear module to configure as an additional Z axis for CNC stability (and a multipurpose base plate to mount them?) I would be extremely happy

4 Likes

Looks nice. But sas long, as they do not give me proper support with my weak heated bed, I will not buy any new part from SnapMaker.

Hi Tone,

Sorry for the late reply. I was off line for a month.

A comprehensive list of all important improvements is a good idea! I will definitely work on it and share it in the forum and see users’ feedback. Early information were shared its landing page (https://snapmaker.com/platform) and a small dedicated facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/newsnapmaker). And gradually, update in the first Kickstarter campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snapmaker/snapmaker-the-all-metal-3d-printer/posts/2392467). I’m sorry that we didn’t make much noise in the forum at the beginning that we started to promote the launch campaign for Snapmaker 2.

Users here are active talents. We care a lot about what you think about our new product and our second Kickstarter campaign. I’m happy to say that there’s one more friend joined our team recently. He will help to share and discuss more topics in the forum. For me, I will also be excited to share further news and personal opinions and discuss with all of you here :slight_smile:

You’re right. So far, most pictures are rendering images. We are going to take a series of high-res photos of the prototypes of Snapmaker 2. :heart_eyes: Hope you will love them.

2 Likes

Hi Alfred, I’d suggest that you contact the support team to let them review your case. They shall be able to offer help to you. support@snapmaker.com

I did. Several times. They are just making fun on me:
"As long, as your bed goes up to 78 or 79 degrees, don’t worry, everything is OK! "
"Use PLA or PET instead of ABS and you don’t need the 80! '
It is the worst kind of support, I ever contacted.

That is, why I do not recommend SnapMaker to anybody else. It is a good construction with a lot of advantages, but the support is shit.
Besides my heating bed, they know about the miscalibration of the z-axis, once you close the door with the switch connected, for quite some time. There was not even an attempt to fix it.
They give a shit on their customers.

Hello @HSIEHL.T

Like you, I am just a customer, albeit I am a bit noisy on forums you might think that I work for Snapmaker. I too am in love with them. Have you tried getting your wife hooked on using the Snapmaker and when the SM2 comes out you can give her the SM1 and you can buy the SM2. I suspect it will be a year before the SM2 hits the market.

Keep having fun

Doug

1 Like

@Alfred I’m sorry to hear that. Could you send me your support ticket number via message? Then I can forward this complaint to my teammate. I think that there might be some misunderstanding between you and the support team. I know that they spend a lot of time and energy to try to provide helpful support to users.

2 Likes