SM2 calibration

I don’t know if the leveling bug affects the A150 or not, does the leveling use 4 or 9 points to check?

Ok, I’ve done the steps above. Do I send someone the code of the process or just post it here?

Stupid question… I still don’t see a way to copy the terminal text in Luban. How am I supposed to save the calibration output?

Well I tried a bed level grid after performing the above procedure (update Luban and Firmware, reset to factory defaults and auto calibration) First attempt the nozzle was 4mm above the bed and the “Live Z adjust” was anything but live. It also printed 10mm to the left of center which meant that the left outside border was extruding off of the bed. I turned off auto cal and did a manual cal which got the nozzle a lot closer to the bed but it still prints 10mm to the left of center. Of course with the transposing error in the manual bed calibration I have no hope of easily getting a decent mesh that prints in all areas of the bed.

I was going to run the M900 script but I can’t even get the printer to print a square in the middle now so that is out of the question for this evening sorry.

@Rainie @Edwin any idea when we can expect a fix for the manual calibration?

Found one issue after the M502 and M500, My M206 is now all zeros for X, Y and Z. When I first got the printer the settings were: " M206 X-17.00 Y-8.00 Z0.00 "

Another bug perhaps?

Got the request already, and we will do that option in the coming version of Snapmaker Luban.

If you have problem with the calibration process after this adjustment, please contact support@snapmaker.com

when I put the credit card underneath the print module, what is the distance/position of the nozzle?
The standard is 1.00mm, and the thickness of the credit card is about 0.8mm.

Do I put the credit card under both the nozzle and sensor?
As shown in the picture, you can put the card on the print sheet and lower the proximity sensor to touch it while the nozzle is outside the card.

If I put the card under both the nozzle and sensor, must both the nozzle and sensor be touching the card at the same time?
Just the proximity sensor needs to touch the credit card

If I put the card only under the sensor, must the nozzle be touching the bed, or doesn’t matter?
The nozzle need to touch the heated bed to ensure the right height difference.

3 Likes

Hey, I don’t think I received this metal heating plate (seen in this picture, between bed and magnetic overlay)

Did you buy it separately?

Btw, very nicely designed product, shipped on time, and so far the docs are pretty and good. I have the A350.

And, 2 or 3 successful auto-calibrations (but bad prints), auto-calibrate stopped working, it would always just push down way too far on the back-right corner then go back to center. And yea it started leaving scars on the top layer, my sensor light never turn red.

As of the time of this writing (Dec 2020), I tried:

• Tried all 3 calibration grids
  • restarted the machine, unplugging the cables (electricity is insane)
  • Switch to experimental mode, factory reset, setup mode: YES
  • install the newest firmware using USB drive (yes FAT32 but hmm, didn’t work)
  • hell, plugged in the USB cable, installed the CH34X driver, nope

None of that fixed the problem.

Eventually, on the device, I just turned OFF auto-set level, I went through all 13 steps of the most complex grid and manually calibrated the extruder Z-height using the calibration card (just enough), and I’m finally printing a nice model :slight_smile:

Hi @aaronsmulktis

There are only two items there, ie the fixed heating bed at the bottom and the removable plate at the top.

By the way, mine is the A150 model, and it came that way.