Selling my Snapmaker

OK, it hurts a bit, but I am thinking about selling my Snapmaker again…
There are a few reasons for this:

1. Laser engraving and CNC carving are not for me. I tried the laser (will try again to use the acryl glass I bought), but after some thinking, I can’t see much use of those except nice nameplates and signs. And I can do that in a local makerspace on larger machines.
  2. Size. 125x125x125mm is nice for many 3D prints, but I ran already several times into these limits. Yes, I can slice up and glue together, but that doesn’t work all the time.
  3. Noise. Let’s face it, the Snapmaker is loud. Even with just the fans running, it is loud. I cannot do prints >10 hours, because the room I have it in is used as the office of my wife, and she needs to work there. I can start something in the late afternoon and let it print overnight, but from 7:30-17:00 it can’t run.

The printer itself is in perfect shape. I printed maybe 1.5kg of filament with it until now. There is no defect or problem with it as I can think of. Only the printing surface is damaged in a spot. The spatula dug too deep when I tried to pry off an object. I still use the sticker, it works fine, but on this spot you get a small bump on the print. The second sticker is pristine/never used.

I have learned a lot from the Snapmaker, and I will certainly continue with 3D printing, but with another device…

So, who is interested in a Snapmaker with all three modules, 3-4 hours on the laser, 0 hours on the CNC, inc original box and outer box, incl all tools, glasses, screws, USB-stick, the extra pack of CNC bits, etc, but without the PLA that came with it, and a damaged printing bed (just the surface sticker. the second surface sticker is unused and in perfect shape!). In a few weeks the enclosure will also be delivered, this will be part of the sale, of course. Oh, in the box was one sheet of foam, I cut that for a noise-dampening layer. I’ll include of course also my spool holder (see ‘YASTH’ on Thingiverse)
It is located in Austria, Vienna, EU, and there is no customs needed when sending it somewhere in the EU.

Total price was $553 for the printer, €103 for customs and $139 for the enclosure. Together $817 / €668. My first asking price will be €600,- plus sending costs which is fair, in my opinion. No customs needed anymore (at least not in the EU).

1 Like

hello I would like to buy this from you

Sorry, but it was already sold, shortly after I put the message up. (I will add a text that it was already sold :slight_smile: )

Okay, it’s a bit hard, but I finally decided:
After about 1.5 Years of having the Snapmaker I will sell mine again, so if anyone of you guys is interested on an Snapmaker A350, now is the time.

Why: there are a few points. One of them is that the Snapmaker is pretty loud, I cannot run it without annoying anyone other at home, its literally everywhere hearable in 3 floors. Now you can say I could wait and buy the silent linear modules, but I waited 2 years already and they keep moving the rollout of them. Apart from that I don’t want to spend more than 250 bucks on the upgrade, which is pretty save that I have to spend more on this.
The next one is the printing quality of the Snapmaker. Last time I tried there was so much filament sticking in between the prints. So the cooling of the nozzle isn’t enough. There are many cool things about it, like that it can do 3 things instead of just one, but there are also man’s design flaws I don’t like. But i think everyone has to get their own opinion about the machine.

The Snapmaker is fully used with about 5h on the CNC module 10h on the printing module and 3h on the Laser module. Everything is undamaged apart from the printing plate on the heat bed, it has some damages on one side, the other one is completely unused. There is one linear module which I have build apart, so you might see that the metal strip isn’t entirely straight, but this doesn’t change the dust resistance of the module. (If you want to upgrade the linear modules yourself I can give you the circuit diagram from the PCB in the linear module and some test PCB’s.) Also I build the Power supply apart, but i didn’t change anything there at all.

It is located in Germany, Karlstadt near Würzburg, EU, and there is no customs needed when sending it somewhere in the EU. I bought it for about 1600€ so I would like 1400€ but there is also something to make on this price. If you want pictures or more detailed information just write me a private message.