I’ve been struggling with the laser module from my A350 for a while now. Engraving is fine, but cutting really is a hassle.
The basic setup:
- I always set Fixed Power to 100% in Luban
- I use the latest version of Luban and the Firmware
- I have calibrated the laser several times, the result is always the same.
- I ve been using both the reference guide as well as resources in the forum
But I am not really satisfied with the result. It seems the laser just can’t cut through materials I’ve been testing:
- Double Corrugated cardboard (the boxes the SM came in) - Can only cut until the middle layer
- 2 mm solid carboard (unified material, so no waves) – not getting through with multiple
- Plywood (3mm) - No chance to get a clean cut with multiple passes… even tried 20 passes with 0.2mm stepdown
I know that I can get through the materials with a super slow (<80 mm/min) and a ton of passes, but I am striving to get to a reasonable setup that does not require every job to run for days.
what I try to achieve is that I have a test pattern that I can launch in Luban (or have on my SM2) to use with any new material to easily identify the optimal setup…
I’ve been seaching for some patterns and found some (e.g. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:728579
) but I’m not really confident that Luban is handling them correctly.
any ideas how I can get out of this misery? how do you folks work with the laser and what are you setup’s you use?