Seal / fix laser engraving leather

Hey Guys,

i want to use my Snapmaker Laser Module for “printing” on leather. Have anyone an idea how to fix / seal it after the process ? so you can’t rubb the surface and destroy the product (black burned particle)

Thank You

(sorry for my englisch) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @FatMasterM

Have a chat to Lee Jihun @freeman who is a whiz on leather

Doug

1 Like

@FatMasterM
You can try these settings:
work speed: 1000 mm/min
Power: 45% - 55%

Here is an image of the leather engraving

4 Likes

I love it!
Thanks i’ll try to settings!

And I prevere to use veg-tan leather so no chemicals get burned (chrome leather burns and stinks more)
And I always wet my leather through and through. This makes is flat, heavy and reduces the burnmarks and stank greatly!

This was a test with wet (chrome-tan) couch leather. Default greyscale in Luban (lines not dots so les quality)

4 Likes

I realize I am pretty late to this thread but I don’t believe the question was answered. To seal the burned in design I would recommend Acrylic Resolene… It is a water based solution and be wiped or sprayed on. In my workshop I use a airbrush and spray a 50% water/ 50% resolene mix and the result is waterproof yet the leather can still be oiled without ruining the design. I pick up the resolene from the Tandy Leather website.
On a side note, extra virgin olive oil is the best leather conditioner for any purpose but especially for protecting designs.