Laser settings for Saddles collection laser safe synthetic leather

Hello all. Just wanted to post my settings I had some success with engraving a wine caddy made out of “Saddle Collection” leather - Saddle Collection Leather-Like Sheet 12"x24"

According to the company’s data sheet, this synthetic leather is laser safe (no PVC), but I would still make sure you have plenty of good ventilation. You can get it in a few different styles and buy it as a sheet, but I opted for the black with silver as a wine caddy. They also have key rings, card holders and a few other things depending on where you get it from.

I initially tried with the 10w laser, but it was too powerful and easily burnt through the thin layers. I found with the 1.6w laser if I used vector fill engraving, 1500 jog speed, 3ms dwell time and 70% power it had a nice finish for the text. I extended the dwell time to 4ms for the vector images and they came out nice too.

Not sure if many other people use this stuff, but I had difficulty finding good settings for a diode laser as all the settings listed by the manufacturer are for C02 lasers. I thought it may help as a few online stores that sell laser consumables stock it and they make nice gifts for family or friends

1 Like

This is great, thank you for sharing @Shamuscg
I’ve added this to - GitHub - shurushetr/awesome-snapmaker: Curated list of things that help you make something awesome with Snapmaker machines.

1 Like