Rotary Module 3-jaw Chuck Problem

Hello,
my Rotary Module just arrived, I am trying to carve out the lion. My Problem is, that I cannot secure the Material in the 3-jaw Chuck. When I try to tighten it, then it suddenly moves a bit and the gab between the teeth of the jaws and the spiral gets bigger. The Wood is still pretty loose then and after I pull it out its hard to loosen the jaws again. I made a Video and uploaded it on YouTube, maybe that helps to understand what my problem is.

Did anyone of you face a similar problem or am I missing out on anything that solves that issue?
Best Regards
Kilian

Welcome to the forum!

That certainly doesn’t look right to me, even if the stock has come loose I’ve always been able to open the jaws by hand. Have you tried taking the jaws out to see if there are any defects? Make sure to put them back in the right order.

Hello,
thank you for the response.
The jaws look good, i think the Problem is, that the gab between the teeth of the jaws and the spiral is able to get Bigger while closing the jaws, that should not be possible right?

I also tried to make a photo of the inner end of the spiral, should I look like this?

My machine is working at the moment, I’ll take it apart for comparison when it finishes.

Had a look at mine but couldn’t see any difference to yours. I should raise a ticket with support.
Is that metal swarf on the jaw slot on the left?

Okay Thank you for having a look at it. I guess support is the way then.
No, it shoulkd be wood swarf on the Photo.