Repeat Work issue

I apologize if I missed an earlier response or similar situation.

We are cutting small parts with the Laser and I just installed the 10W. Material is 0.7mm thick.
Now we ran 1 set and it was perfect, but now it resets and we have to do everything over right from the start including measuring the material thickness. Each time getting the thickness wrong, ( First time was right)
Is there a way to just set it up, do the initial setup and then do 8 or 10 runs where all I have to do is switch the material and press start?

Thanks

Corry

1 Like

Been reported and snapmaker has been silent. Best thing you can do now is take a photo of your origin settings so you can set it up the same each time. I use Lightburn via USB and skip the touchscreen origin process entirely.

1 Like

An option is to follow my guide here. So you know the actual machine 0,0, then you can setup your project to use that origin. Then if you quickly open the gcode file and put a “G53” right at the beginning, it’ll always use machine zero, OR jog the machine to 0,0 on X/Y and set origin there so no fiddling around.

You WILL have to set the height every run though, if your material reaches the center of the machine, the auto should work, otherwise you will have to use the touch-down manual method. I do wish they had a third option of manually entering the thickness like the old 1.6W. I also wish they would let you jog the auto mode, that’d be awesome and solve a lot of issue.

2 Likes