Remaining time calculation

Is calculating percentages really that difficult?
10 percent elapsed time is 57 min. How much will be 100%
I would say 570 min = 9 h 30 min
So remaining time about 8 h 30 min

Snapmaker 2.0 display say 2h 21 min :thinking:

Please improve the remaining time calculation!

1 Like

Everyone is having trouble, and various problems and requests for improvement have been reported to the forum and GitHub, but little is being done about it.

It’s troubling…

Improvements are also supposed to increase the number of users who buy…

I’ve written this sentence about five times now.

I’ve written this about five times now, and I’m still undecided about fixing or improving it later.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

progressbars

2 Likes

Suspect they hired the same person as was responsible for the file copy dialog from Microsoft Windows to work on this. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:rofl:

3 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly the xkcd I was thinking of. I was just too lazy to link it. :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I have escalated it to the software team.
The issue is estimated to be solved in this quarter.

1 Like

I think (but have not tested) that SM2 uses only the layer count to calculate estimated percentage complete and time remaining. Therefore if you have more part density requiring more filament and more time at different levels the timer will not accurately show that. One would think it would be fairly easy for the software to calculate the real time since it knows the entire tool path and extrusion rate. Looks like the developer just took the easy way out so far.

@RickHy yeah… but how do you explain this? It went for another few minutes before actually finishing lol.

Heh, last night I had one that reached 100% and then started counting in negative seconds as it continued. It didn’t run long enought to reach 101% thought :slight_smile:

Still not as annoying as the disappearing Wifi transfer progrees bar though.