Timer "elapsed time" incorrect

Hey there, i noticed that the elapsed time is sometimes off. I timed a 4h printing job. After 1h the “remaining time” was at 2h. Anyone else cares enough to get this fixed?

Hello!
This issue has already been talked about and it’s not easy to improve it.
I can’t rely on the time right now, but I’m sure it will be addressed in a future version.

Maybe…

So can we rely on the time Luban gives us?

Did you mean the elapsed time or the predicted remaining time?

As far as I’ve noticed, the elapsed time is correct. (or at least I’ve never seen it shorter/longer than the real time that passed)
The predicted time can be off significantly.

Like with all estimates, it’s an estimate and you can expect it to not be exact.

I meant the estimated time needed, indeed. I was just surprised of a 25% margin.

Kim Vermeulen
zaakvoerder

0486 83 72 33
info@klusatelier.be
www.klusatelier.be

I assume the estimate is a crude estimation right now. You need to take into account the acceleration of the machine etc and it quickly becomes a rather complex calculation. And then the question is, if that’s a valuable thing to do for the controller.

I’ve seen it go both sides. Even a job that was predicted to be 4 hours. 2 hours in the print there was still an estimate of 4 hours left (it even went up after the first hour) and then it finally finished in 4:15. It depends on what your printing, the size of the object etc. (lots of tiny details typically take longer, while larger “straight” objects are often faster.)