Printing with 0.2 nozzle

My latest print after solving the issue somehow.

There is one visible string each at the sides but definitely a great improvement overall comparing to the one printed previously on the right. Also finally get to see the small cylindrical shape at the back of the benchy. They were not printed on all the previous benchies.

2 Likes

Finally tried to test print my first miniature using the 0.2mm which stands at the height of 5cm.

Seems to turn out good except that the fingers are too thin. The original size of the print was suppose to be four times bigger, that explains the extremely thin fingers.

Overall, I am happy with the result and progress so far.

2 Likes

Hey, where did you get your 0.2mm nozzle? I’d like to try printing miniatures myself, and would love the ability to get finer detail. Most places I look say “this nozzle/extruder is for X printer” and none seem to be for the snapmaker so I’ve been at a loss as to where to get one.

Any MK8 nozzle will work.

1 Like

Hi @Zenith_Star

Sorry for the late reply. Have not logged in to the forum and printing lately.

I got the 0.2mm nozzle from amazon. Any MK8 nozzle with the following is fine:
screw thread: M6
input diameter: 1.75mm
filament support: PLA (at least)/ PETG/ ABS
material: usually brass

Maybe not super helpful at this point, I am not really awake enough to read through all the comments, but id like to at least mention that bridging is difficult on the snapmaker because the poor nozzle fan airflow.

I am getting ready to modify this to see if I can have better results.

Can confirm, came here today to take notes and get ready to try different sized nozzles. Thanks internet strangers! =)

1 Like