PETG support speed

I needed a support for PETG material. When I activate an additional support it runs with approx. 60mm/s. This is MUCH, MUCH too fast. The support is always completelly distroyed. Where I can adjust the speed of the support?

IMG_5192
On the end I helped myself by reducing the workspeed and raising the temp. directly on the snapmaker while making the support. But this should really adjustable. (Ok, I can do it directly in the GCode too)

Mario

Switch over to Cura. Luban is very limited in what you can adjust. I usually run a 30mm/s print speed for PETG.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest
I will do the calibration like you write in your post, when my print is finished. (approx 60h, ā€“ terrible)
In the meantime you get at least some additional information.

I calibrated (only hight of the heat-bed) the printer 5 days ago twice because I was not happy with another result (PLA)

PICTURE: Maybe I should say something about the picture. The print on the picture is not on the heatbed any more. The one on the picture, like you see, I put it aready away from the heatbed.

SPEED: I tried different speed already. Over 30 mm/s I have big problems that the PETG does not glue in some overhangs (My object has a thread). Z-Hop is abosolutelly worse, because every time when it lifts up the nossle it makes a small string in Z-direction. In the moment I have a Z-hop of 0,2mm same size like the layer. Fan works with 100% (at least it should work like it is shown on the software).

TEMPERATURE: I made a temperature tower with 220-250Ā°C there is no big different. But due to the problems with the glueing on overhangs I raised to 245Ā°C.

IMG_5194
SUPPORT: I have another picture, with another support model. (same material, 230Ā°C, standard speed, not mounted on the heatbed any more). On the desaster in the middle of the picture you can see, it starts very good (left side was damaged from the begin - this had another problem). Then after about 10 layers, one layer is broken [in my opinion due to the high speed or some feeding problems (maybe to less or too much material - i have no idea)]. On the end I stopped the print. I tried different temperatures and and support models. Due to the problems with some cracks in the support I need to use the ā€œRasterā€ (Raster should be more fail resistant). But on every crossing the problem starts to get maximized. (see my first posting) Only with the VERY slow speed and 245Ā°C I had an success.

Mario

HeatBed temperature: I have no problem with glueing on the heatbed. I have a problem with glueing layer by layer on overhangs, but with 245 it looks good as long I am not too fast (appox. 20mm/s)

I donā€™t recommend supports ā€¦: The problem is I need it. And all you see in my pictures are the support of the ā€œSnapmaker Lubanā€ and this support is only a single layer wall (no adjustment, or I do not find it)

ā€œSnapmaker Lubanā€: The Raster in the beginning (for the support) is the one of the Snapmaker Luban (maybe a fault, please do not ask me). When I adjust a support as a ZIGZAG it starts with a raster (V3.15.1) on the first layer.

Dirty nozzle: Yes this happens sometimes, but it is not so bad. For me OK. Sometimes I clean it.

In the moment is runs, and I do not want to stop it (maybe you understand) but for my next big PETG project I will follow your hints.

Mario