Odd repeatable print issue, please help

That is a clever setup you have there. I don’t think it is the way the spool hangs. I have the Snapmaker enclosure. However, the printer isn’t inside of it right now. I didn’t feel like take the upright off the back of the enclosure so I had the enclosure turned 90 degrees so the spool would feed straight into the extruder. After I noticed these issues, I put the upright at the original location on the printer and tried it that way with the same results.

I’ll try the Retraction setting and see if that helps and will report back. Thanks @squirt

@squirt is right, if you are using the enclosure, you need to make sure that the filament can run smoothly during the printing process. Meanwhile, you need bear in mind that you need to turn off/on the “door detection” in software in case you need to use it.
Here is the video for you to refer to. You need to connect the machine with the PC and then change the settings.

1 Like

@squirt I tried without Retraction on and it didn’t make a difference. Right now I’m trying a new one with the print positioned 90 degrees from what I had it to see if it replicates.

@Edwin I’m not actually printing from inside the enclosure.

I have to wonder at this point if the feed wheels on your extruder are not damaged defective or worn. Perhaps make the print a half increment smaller or larger to see also if the flaw moves. Turning the print is also a good diagnostic step on your part. What type filament are you using and how long have you been using it?

The filament is snapmakers pla. The printer is running right now and too early to tell if it is doing it after rotating the print 90 degrees.

Hey the little pickles seems to me that the nozzle was dirty at the beginning or it is a bit too cold or hot.
May you print the temp tower to check your perfect filament temp?

Well, after printing 90 degrees from previous prints, I only have 1 bad spot now. The area on the outside is fine, but the inside corner is still messed up. Plus, during the print, the infill in that corner was not consistent. Something is messed up and I have no idea what it is. Frustrating!