Noob - Simulation always stops at 90%

Hey Makers,

CNC Noob here - my first attempts at using the CNC module! Watched countless videos and think I may have my head wrapped around the process. My first attempt is an EASY one - simple cuts and cut outs - no reliefs or depth issues - just cutting out the waste and leaving a cool channel pattern behind. Every time I go to see what my project is doing via simulation, Luban seems to go off and stop at 90%. After that, I can’t access it at all and have to kill the task. Is this an error in my SVG file or issue with Luban itself? (I have 2 SVG versions - one with the object filled in and one with simple outline of the object) I’m also a bit leery of just “trying it” without seeing what the simulation thinks will happen.

My other question is - if my measurements are precise in my model (no CAD accommodations for bit width) How do I indicate to Luban what cuts are cut-outs vs cut-away. Using “On the Path”, I assume, would infringe on my dimensions by 1/2 of the bit width so won’t work. If I choose “Outline” which could technically work but how does Luban decide what side of the line to pick for complex geometry?
Fill would be a waste of time as I need a simple ‘cut out’ of waste material not a mm by mm annihilation of it.

My object is created in CAD - but doesn’t seem to translate well to Luban for CNC (as an STL) so I converted it to an SVG (vector) and now Luban seems to like it better. I’ve used InkScape to break the object into an outside “outline” cut (the final stage to release the object) and a grouping of inside cuts - to release the waste leaving a channel behind.

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Any advice is appreciated.
Here are the 2 files for reference
Thanks!
RIGHT Channel Filled INSIDE
RIGHT Channel Filled OUTLINE
RIGHT Channel