No printer settings in 3.10

hi there… i have no printer settings in 3.10… my pc is away from the printer right now but i should be able to slice using the printer settings. i upgraded to 3.10 from 3.9 which was working… think ill downgrade until this is fixed.

1 Like

Do you need to click on the arrow to the right of printing settings?

Can’t download 3.10 to check. Looks like they’re in midst of fixing something.

-S

I had the same problem just now. I uninstalled it and installed 3.9 and it works.

1 Like

actually, it is clicked… look at the ones above it

I’ve got the same issue on the 3.10, tried to reset, reload, set to default, and change printers --> Print Section always stays empty, need to go back to 3.9

1 Like

I have the same problem! Going back to 3.9

1 Like

Same annoying problem. Glad that there is this Forum with a ‘solution’: going back to previous version. Are there people that do have the Printing Settings in 3.10?

1 Like

@Dre64 3.10 had an issue loading at all so I would revert to 3.9 for now. I upgraded t0 3.10.1 after having 3.9 installed and I have full printer settings available. I kind of think the 3.10.1 didn’t get compiled with the printer profile module.

@Edwin @moderators - hope that helps troubleshoot.

2 Likes

@snowdragonusa agreed. i installed 3.10.1 this morning and all is well. thanks!

1 Like

Great! Now it works.

1 Like

Same issue. Reverting to 3.9. Seems like a rather large oversite.

Seems to have been fixed in 3.10.2.

2 Likes

i am still facing the problem i do not have printing settings i loaded the 3.9.0 and the 3.10.2 and the 3.10.3 no one of them solved the problem i do not have printing sttting no material accordingly not able to genrate G code i get the message preparing for slicing that’s all

i loaded the 3.8.0 it is fixed it is ok now

2 Likes

I also have no print settings! Reverting back to version 3.9.0 did not help.

I have no print settings (or material details, etc). I cannot print!

Reverting back to version 3.9.0 did not help.

I have tried 3.9.0, and 3.10.2, and 3.11.0, and 3.12.2.

Obviously, I tried simple things like rebooting the computer. No luck.

UPDATE: Reverting back to 3.8.0 finally got print setting and material details back!

1 Like

I updated to 3.12.3 and had the same problem where I couldn’t select any printing or material settings. It freezes on “Loading model” when adding multiple. Opened an issue on Github and found the solution. https://github.com/Snapmaker/Luban/issues/674 which, if you’re using Windows, is to delete the folder C:\Users\[Your Windows User Profile]\AppData\Roaming\snapmaker-luban and then just relaunch Luban. This will revert back to default and delete all your custom profiles, but you can maybe try recovering your old profiles from that deleted folder (I have yet to try).

3 Likes

I had the same issue with the lastest version (3.12.3) on a OSX.
Removed the application, preference files, etc. using AppZapper. But still no thing to select on the right side of the screen.
After that I checked if there were any other files left, and there were: :grinning:
I first closed Luban (Which is hard because Luban often needs to be closed twice).
Then I removed the following directory completely (or you could try to save some file and try to restore some settings).
/Users/[your-username]/Library/Application\ Support/snapmaker-luban

You can access your personal Library by opening Finder and hit CMD+SHIFT+G (Or click “Go” and then “Go to Folder…” from the Finder menu). Then type in (without quotes): “~/Library” and hit enter.

4 Likes

That suggestion helped me a ton. Thanks for saving me a long and annoying night.

@Edwin
can you guys look into changing the installer to fully uninstall the luban installation first or accommodate the previous leftover files so the issues people are having are avoided?

Maybe that would be best if you could export your special profiles first, but anything would be better than where its at currently.

There are issues on all operating systems that require deleting hidden files that non-computer savvy people are not going to want to deal with in order to make the new version of Luban work properly. materials and settings are not showing and other problems due to artifacts from previous installations interfering with new ones.

also a full uninstallation tool would be helpful for us to help people get running.

we are trying to help snapmaker focus on development by helping out on the forums but this one really needs some snapmaker help.

1 Like