Need help: print M5 bolt

Hi guys,
I’m trying printing this M5x25mm bolt with no succes on my Snapmaker Orignal:

I’ve tried print it with the head up since it is convex and with no support but when printing the head it fails as expected.

Then I’ve tried to print with support “everywhere” but I can’t remove the support after printed.

Last shot was with support “touching build plate” but it is still very difficult to remove the support without damage the bolt.

Can you please give me some help or idea?

Thanks

Print it with the round head down. You’ll have just a small amount of support for the head and then clear sailing the rest of the way up.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll give it a try! :slight_smile:

Hi!
I’ve tryed to print it with the face down and support but still not great result:
after removing the support the head is not so fine… the thread seems ok but in one face it’s flat and unsuccessful.

I’m using Tone’s cooling Shroud:

What print quality are you using? An M5 bolt is relatively small, so I’d suggest High Quality, or even going with a custom 0.05mm layer.

It’s strange that it’s flat on one side. It kind of looks under extruded. Were you present when it was printing that section?

I’ve printed using reccomended high quality on Snapamkerjs SW

What is the highest resolution we can get with the Orginal? I was supposed that 0.1mm used on High Quality reccomended settings it’s the highest! We cna go to 0.05mm? Do you have a custom settings to share?

It’ll allow 0.05mm. I just copied the High Quality, and changed the Layer Height and Initial Layer Height to 0.05mm. I use this to test my calibration by printing a 0.05mm thick sheet.

I still don’t see a way to export Profiles in SnapmakerJS. They’ll probably skip it, and will implement in Luban.

Wow! I’ll give it a try thanks