Need a new print head PCB. Please help!

Hi Guys, new here.
I’m posting because today I blew up one of the components on the 3D printer module’s PCB.
It is component U5 right on the left side of the connector.
I have the SPB0009 V1.1 version, however, from the pictures I’ve seen on this posts this components seems to remain the same.
I work in a researchers’ lab and have access to an SMD soldering station so I was wondering if you guys could help me and tell me the reference of this component so I could buy a new one.
Also, I think the U in U5 stands for microcontroller, so IDK if it is simply replaceable. With this in mind, I was wondering if there is some possibility of me buying a new PCB altogether (I live in Portugal so anywhere in Europe would be ideal).

1 Like

Snapmaker support may be willing to sell you the circuit board by itself, but it’ll have to come from China. Or you can check the authorized resellers for your area (list at Where to Buy - Snapmaker ) to see if anyone stocks the circuit board or (more likely) the entire head.

(I can’t be of any help with repairing just the one component, sorry.)

It looks to be a voltage regulator to me. Unfortunately I cannot read the letters on it in the photo - are they still legible on your blown part? If so, it should not be too complicated to source that part, and they’re usually really cheap. Are you btw. reasonably sure that only that has blown? Depending on what exactly caused the failure, other components may also have suffered.

That specific component is burned on my board and I cannot see the part number. I accidentally plugged the print module the wrong way and from close inspection that was the only thing that burned.

I am currently not near my Snapmaker - when I get back, I’ll unscrew my head and see what I can find.

Btw. you are not the first person that made that mistake, and most who did, also fried their controller. Did you check that other modules are still recognized and working with your controller?

Oh really? I did not check it yet, I’ll make sure to do that!
Thank you for your help!

I have sent you a DM, regarding a PCB for a printing tool head I have, that may help you since it is working, with the exception of the nozzle temperature circuit. Maybe you can take the regulator from my PCB.