Mystery Bag Received... yey?

Well… uhm… thanks Snapmaker. @Zoe

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with this used, bent, beat up box of parts… I assume this is not what you intended to send…? The bag of screws just taped to the side was a nice touch.

Apparently they put it together (and ripped most of the rubber covers off the controller)

All the way up to loading the filament, the filament was open and trimmed to a 45, but never loaded into the hotend (nozzle is clean) this poor machine.

3 Likes

That is some kind of mystery content :grin:

I also received a used machine. However, mine appears to have been much more gently used (possible that it was just an open box) than this one. I have loads of spare parts, so please let me know if you try and assemble this if there are components that don’t work. I may be able to send some your way.

I’ll swap you for 9 pieces of 80mm square sheets of Carbon Fibre :smiley: :joy:

1 Like

Oh, this isn’t what we intended to send you and it seems there was a mistake in the warehouse. :smiling_face_with_tear:Since the giveaway for the US region has already ended, I wanna give you some accessories as compensation. Please check your PM.

5 Likes

Thanks I might go through it and see what I can do with it. I’ll update this thread with findings. Maybe I’ll discover the truth as to why it was frustratingly thrown back in the box and returned. It hurts me to see a machine treated this way.

5 Likes

Ha, I got a double mystery bag disappointment. Got an A250T during the promotion of "includes Mystery Box worth “At Least” $50.

My mystery box? 5 sheets A250 sized acrylic ($19.99) and 5 sheets A250 sized basswood ($9.99). $29.98 is at least $50 now. :slight_smile: (I’ve contacted support about it already)

But it was like, wow, what are the chances of both my mystery bag things being… iffy/not quite honest. Snapmaker’s US Warehouse really has it out for me.

And here I thought I was being good to Snapmaker with my contributions. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I did a quick assessment of parts and it seems the only things missing are both goggles (CNC and Laser), the M4*10 cap screws for the Laser/CNC platform (the recessed were there already in the heatbed), steel strip tool (if it’s even included anymore), the power cable (PSU to wall), and… the 2.5 hex for the screwdriver… the main one. :frowning: The bag of screws taped to the side of the box is the screws and wingnuts for the CNC clamps.

Otherwise it seems the rest is there, including the snipped end of filament where it was angled.

I may have overlooked something, if I encounter anything else missing I’ll update here as I go on my journey.

I DID identify WHY it was rage-quit returned though! User error/stupidity. :upside_down_face:

That is an 8mm lead on Y. You can see some nice dings on it as well.

And a 20mm on Z (controller and wire guide mounted to it).

So they didn’t pay attention to the lead pitch on the linear modules, and when it didn’t move (or maybe it tried and errored out/grinded), they blamed Snapmaker, rage quit, carelessly chucked it into the box, and sent it back.

2 Likes

Interesting insights of the service snapmaker has to endure. I know why I do not have a Job with customer contact.

1 Like

Absolutely crazy that someone treated it this way :confused: . Hope they got help to deal with their anger issues.

It gets worse. :frowning: There isn’t a part that doesn’t have some form of scarring. I guess being shipped around thousands of miles loosely isn’t kind to anything really. One of the steel strips had been shoved into the rail, one actually dinged up the strip, and somehow cracked the baseplate!

How do you crack the baseplate under a mounted rail.

I’ve got a 20mm stroke rail for an A350T if you need, but I don’t have a base plate. I could probably machine one up really fast, but I don’t think I could guarantee it would have the correct z-offset. Let me know if you need the rail.

I don’t think this is critical on the baseplate. I checked the actual layout and it seems to somehow still be flat. I’ll see what I can do first. :slight_smile: I have a bit of experience fixing machinery.

Oh man its so bad, thrown away because of too less patience…
But personally as i see, its all better than 9pc 80x80 carbon fibre sheets :joy:

Repairing machines could be so much fun and joy :smiling_face:, i love it.

1 Like

:flushed: who mentioned 9 sheets of carbon fibre.

You want to swap for 9 squares of carbon fibre? :joy:

I think I must have really upset someone :joy:
Maybe they’re pissed I got a MPG jog wheel before them :rofl:

I have got this too and feel the same…
In the end it’s a gift so I thank snapmaker for this.
Even if I never used carbon fibre yet, because I am afraid because it could be toxic.

Carbon Fibre can be hazardous…

Carbon fibre machining produces more dust compared to metal machining. This dust is harmful to the lungs and skin, and since it conducts electricity, it can also cause shorts in electrical equipment.

So not only could it harm you but also your Snapmaker if it gets into any open ports.

I think mine are destined to become “coasters” I can put my mug of Coffee on.

Depending on the resin holding the carbon fiber together, maybe it can be thermoformed in a way. Indirect heat and gently bend (maybe 3d print a jig/press to form). Do not apply high heat or direct flame and make sure to do so in a well ventilated area.