Mystery Bag Received... yey?

Wow someone really disliked that Snapmaker. I’m really impressed with their repackaging skills :flushed:

How did the display manage to survive !!!

It survived by the power of sheer anger. Maybe some determination sprinkled on top.

Snapmaker spent so much time and money in designing the packaging when all they had to do was toss everything in a box and ship it out

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

i won a mystery bag but didnt receive it because they used my email address as name on shipping address.

so shipping company did send it back directly… :frowning:

I’m kind of curious: people have received brand new A350(T)/F350 machines. Since you are not getting a replacement (as far as I can deduce from this thread), does that mean other winners of the givaway also get no type of warranty on the machines they received? (@Zoe)

Don’t get me wrong, really happy with what I received, but it’s good to know if I’m eligible for a warranty claim in case something is broken.

You are correct, I am not getting a replacement.

EDIT: Also a few drinks and some tinkering later.

X,Y,Z all max from home, completely silent. No binding or screeching. Maaaaybe I got it square?
MAAAAAYBE?

Only one way to know! Dress her up and let her go.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

I think she’s saved. Bad image on the printbed, also peeled that skirt, 0.2mm all the way around on the nose.

Look at that bottom layer.

Better shot, and you can see some damage there on the X rail!

And with some flash so you can see how smooth the layers came out, 0.2 layers btw.

I have a few things to do, gotta buy a cable, some bolts, goggles, etc. However, it seems she’s saved guys. Squared up for accurate prints, and everything smooth, nothing binding.

So now she needs a name… The randomly generated name from the factory was “Snapmaker-Ponda-Baba” and I thought that was perfect.

Baba.

Baba Is Make
Screenshot 2024-08-29 183528

7 Likes

Baba is ALIVE !!!

Excellent work :clap:.

Maybe a drunk assembly video is the way forward for those people who choose not to read the assembly manual. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Hi guys, my internet is a bit spotty today, so I might miss some things. If I do, just let me know. TY!!!

First off, the bags are stocked randomly by the warehouse, so what you get can vary. For what happened with @Skreelink , I totally understand how disappointing that was. :disappointed_relieved: I hope the $100 voucher helps a bit, and we won’t be working with that warehouse in the future.

Also, @Mayco just a heads up that the giveaway items aren’t covered by warranty. If you need replacement parts, you’ll still need to reach out to Support to purchase them.

Lastly, I’m so glad to see Baba is still up and running! This was our first time doing this kind of event on the Forum, so we’re learning as we go. We’ll make sure to have better prizes next time. :saluting_face:

6 Likes

Zoe, prizes are prizes. I don’t think you need to come up with better prizes next time, what’s better than a new (or battle-scarred as in the case of Baba) Snapmaker machine. Obviously people who didn’t get a machine are going to be disappointed when they see that’s what they could have won. It didn’t cost anything to enter other than a post on here so everyone who won a prize is better off. Just my two cents.

8 Likes

I used to do a bit of customer service in the retail space 10 years ago, I can attest that around 80% of returns and customer complaints are due to user error. The real kicker is how infuriatingly mad they sometimes get and take it out on you. Anyone working in customer service needs a thick skin, it’s a tough gig.

2 Likes

I throughly enjoyed this thread, even though I’m late to the party! I was hooked from your very first post and was hoping for a happy ending for this poor machine. Baba is now in a loving home without having to worry about further abuse. She was meant to show up at your place! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My cat is obsessed with Baba, won’t leave her alone. Not even in it for the heat, heatbed is cold. He’s just gotta be beside her (or on the PSU)

7 Likes

I do wish I had gotten the goggles with Baba, however. :confused: I don’t have enough laser goggles, and if I wanted to donate the machine, I couldn’t in good conscience without them.