My snapmaker broked?

I was printing in my snapmaker 2.0 a350 and when i wake up i saw the disaster on my 3d print, and when i saw the nozzle temperature it was indicating -30 degrees, i check the module and noticed that one copper wire was broken, probably because the filament got stuck in the nozzle. What can i do to solve this?

If you’re capable of soldering the broken wire and cleaning out the module, you should be able to get printing again in no time. The other option is to buy and fit a replacement extruder hot end. They are cheap enough and can be purchased on Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extruder-Hot-End-Kit-Snapmaker/dp/B08R3R4M6J/). Hopefully you have not caused further damage other than what you say.

1 Like

As Anbro said, first step is cleaning out the module. Be careful as the plastic may have reached delicate components. Your machine should have come with an extra hot end, once you’ve cleaned out the head, you can swap the hot end and you’ll be good to go.

As a note, the -30 degrees corresponds to the thermistor having infinite resistance, which makes sense here as the thermistor wire is what looks to have broken.

Thank you so much, i looked into the tool box and i saw the other hot end, i changed it and now it’s working, thanks!!

Thanks man if you didn’t tell me about the extra hot end i would never know, now it’s working!

1 Like

Great to hear! I would still recommend buying another hot end (they are about $10 US on amazon) so that you always have a working spare. Have fun printing!

1 Like

Too bad those hot end’s on Amazon are out of stock with no known date to restock them.

Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned. You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.

Glad you mentioned it being out of stock on Amazon.com yet it’s in stock on Amazon.co.uk so bought 2 as having 3 spares should be better than having one and being left out in the cold if they sell out when needed.

It’s in stock on US amazon.com as well and is also available for purchase on the snapmaker store, though this second option may not be the best if you just need one due to shipping.

Do u guys know where i can buy the print sheet? I found on B&H but i live in Brazil and it’s kinda hard to send here, i basically pay the same price on the shipping

and if i can use any metallic sheet on the heated bed as long as it fits

You can purchase the heated print sheet from here: Parts & Accessories – Page 2 – Snapmaker Or here: https://www.amazon.com/Print-Double-Printing-Stickers-Snapmaker/dp/B08PTW95MV/

Ok that hurt…
hurts

Ouch :frowning: The postage is more than the cost of the print sheet.

You can also buy direct from support@snapmaker.com

Probably take a week, but I don’t think their shipping prices are so exorbitant.

You can also check and see if there’s a closer authorized retailer.

-S

you can find their partners here: Where to Buy - Snapmaker
(and there is one in Brazil)

1 Like

It seems like the brazil reseller doesn’t list just the print sheet but reaching out directly to the reseller or snapmaker is probably your best bet. Any print sheet that fits the bed would work, the one that snapmaker provides has a textured PEI surface and is made of spring steel, in case you wanted to look for something similar. I have only used the supplied one, as it has worked for me, but if you look around on the forum you can find people using other brands (for example energetic3d)

I think i’m just gonna buy a generic print sheet, just for test, if doesn’t work ill go buy the original in BH and pay my soul on it

I’ve heard a lot of people that remove the sheet and print on borosilicate glass instead. I like the plastic sheet, but I’d go that route if I had to pay that much in duties. Look around the forums if you’re interested.

1 Like

Speaking of nozzles. Can the 0.4mm nozzle be swapped for a different nozzle size? Or with a hardened nozzle for printing with abrasive filament?

Yes. There are plenty of posts from people using 0.2mm or 0.6mm nozzles. The ruby nozzles seem to be popular as well.

1 Like