Max possible temperature?

I’ve started printing Nylon @ 272C/90C using a hardened steel throat and nozzle. Quality is great. I want to print carbon fiber nylon, but the temperature range is 280C-300C. I thought I read somewhere that the SM2.0 can be hacked to print up to 310C, but I can’t remember where I read it.
Anyone Know?
Thanks,
John

275ºC for the SM 2.0.

https://snapmaker.com/snapmaker-2/specs-at

The Artisan can do 300ºC.

1 Like

You can go above 275, but it would require a custom edit to the firmware, and may cause damage to the other parts of the toolhead that are in close proximity to the hotend. There is also the issue that the hotend heatsink cooling fan is rather weak, and may not be sufficient enough to prevent heat creep and clogging at those temps.

Thanks for the info. I was able to up the temperature to 300 C.
I had an old head that the plastic ductwork and proximity sensor was melted on. I took off the melted parts, fans and the side covers. Then put a stainless-steel throat and nozzle in it. Used some Kryonaut thermal paste for heat transfer into the heatsink. I also mounted the small fan to the heatsink, but the temperature wouldn’t get hot enough, so I took it off. Works great with nylon. This is actually a very easy material to print and has a great finish with no stringing at all. I annealed the part after printing and it works great.

1 Like