Mattercontrol for Snapmaker

Has anybody tested out to use Mattercontrol V.2 with Snapmaker 2.0?
The sofware supports only 3D printing but would have the capability to design, slice and print from the same program. Any experience and comments?

I am planning on working on this. If the fan controls settings for mattercontrol work on the Snapmaker it could be an immense upgrade since it calculates fan power changes line by line (slows speed, increase fan, for example, for bridging areas).

I think the best way is going to be to use the Cura profile to copy settings over and then refine after that.

MatterControl just gave new life to my delta printer and these new benchies are the best ones I’ve ever printed, except for the stringing. I have high hopes for it’s leveling tools, as well.

Edit: I probably can’t work on it for a few weeks, too many projects backed up, right now, though.

I’m not all the way there, yet, but I’ve been experimenting with getting my CR10S-Pro working in Mattercontrol since it’s all a very similar set-up and they don’t have a Pro v1 profile, either. I have had pseudo-success.

First: import the printer using the Snapmaker supplied Simplify3D .fff file (or find one you think you’ll like as a start-off point from here or Facebook groups).

Go to the Mattercontrol printer tab and turn on:
Filament runout sensor, home z-max, has z-probe, make sure has own leveling is off (there’s a pop-up note about G29 calls). After all this a new option should show up with a slider for turning the z-probe on for Mattercontrol leveling, followed by z-probe options.

I have not figured out if it makes a difference if you turn off autolevel on the printer’s controller, yet, but my z-offset issues last night suggest this would be the case.

Probe options: I left default settings except to probe 3 times each location (at the 10x10 that’ll end up being 300 data points from 100 locations…it takes a LONG time on the creality, at least a half hour). Another note, when you do run a printer calibration it does not run the fans, I suggest manually turning them on before running the calibration. But, if you forget you should be able to turn it on from the Snapmaker controller manually, too. I’ve already had a heat creep and cold pull event in my testing.

For testing use 3x3 mesh leveling probably until more sure a full working solution is available.