Material thickness not send to Snapmaker

Hi,

I recently updated Snapmaker Luban to the latest SW. v(3.12.2)
I wanted to engrave 10mm thick wood.
Everything get well until I started the printing. The Laser module went too low an crashed into the wood. I reebooted my computer and the printer several times. The behavior remains the same.
I think the issue is, that I cannot adjust the material thickness in Luban. it is set to 1,5mm and if I set it to 10mm, the values do not change.
When I use the laser module on my Snapmaker with touch screen control, everything works as expected. Does someone has the same issue? Or am I doing something wrong? Is there a command which I can send to my printer manually?

Update Luban to 3.12.3
Should’ve fixed this problem
-S

Hi,

problem is fixed with 3.12.3.
Thanks for the quick support! :slight_smile:

It is not fixed automatically just because it is 3.12.3 I started with that version just a few weeks ago and crashed it on the second try because Luban is not sending the material thickness to the Snapmaker 2.0. I’ve had to manually set the thickness at the machine every, single time. If I’m missing something, I’d like it explained and not just “problem fixed!” with ZERO explanation. Thanks.

If their problem was fixed by updating to 3.12.3 that is the explanation.
The problem for most people showed up when they updated to 3.12.2 and the next version fixed it.

Now why you’re still having it is another question.
What firmware are you running?
Are you controlling your SM with Luban or from the SM and the control pad itself?

-S