Massive shift with Cura

I am trying to get Cura 4.8.0 to work on my original Snapmaker and I am getting a massive shift about 2mm into the build. I have translated all of the settings (I think) from snapmakerjs over to Cura and I am still getting this shift. It is a large shift and not one associated with the bed shifting as you can see in the image. It is a setting somewhere that is causing this model to go haywire. On a previous run I decided to let it keep going and about 1 cm into the build I had another big shift. Is there a setting that I am missing? Print speeds are relatively slow. Jerk is set low. Everything is conservative. I saw a post back from March with the same issue and did not see a resolution to the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

I don’t own an original so I don’t have settings for you. But let’s start with some basic questions. Does it work right with other smaller models? Also does it happen in the same place on every print with every model? Try turning jerk and acceleration off, and turning z hop on.

This does not happen on smaller models it seems and yes it does occur at the same location everytime. I also went back and tried it using the snapmakerjs and the same issue occurred. So it is somehow in the gcode interpretation of my printer controller. I need to try a different similarly sized part and see if it continues to occur. Nice to find out it happens on both software packages since it eliminates Cura settings being the issue. Not nice that I have no idea why it is still happening.

1 Like

Keep us updated and we will try to help out the best we can.