Luban V4.9.0 Known Issues & Solutions

Preliminary test looks good. It seems the machine does respect G1/G0 and turns the laser off accordingly. Also setting an S# value on G0 does not cause it come on either. Did a rectangle and circle just fine. Also doing a “line filled” grayscale image, seems to be working as intended as well. While I’m not going to stay on this firmware and downgrade back to my known good (since I don’t have anything that requires higher firmware) I’ll say this is a good sign.

Test was done with an F350 with a 1.6W laser, 1.17.17 firmware, and Luban 4.9.1. I’ll run a test with Lightburn as well to see if my current setup (that I use with my guide) works with the latest firmware without requiring custom firmware. Looking like it should.

EDIT: Yes, it seems the latest 1.17.17 works fine with my lightburn setup. It seems custom firmware is no longer needed. At least with the 2.0, I don’t have an Artisan to test. I just tossed an image into Lightburn, set it as stucki, and works fine. Bonus; it ALSO works with setting “grayscale” in Lightburn as well.

1 Like

I updated the firmware today on my A350, which I got on pre order, I have updated the rails and powersuplly.
Today i went to level the bed and the z axis did not go down to the bed, until the very last point.
I unplugged and plugged back in every connection. I hooked it up to my laptop via Wi-Fi and enter m502 then x-17 y-8 then m500, which didn’t work.
I did a manual level, then attempted automatic level, it still did not work.
I tried a test print this time the z axis worked but the Y axis did not move.
I have an A250, which I am afraid to update.
How can I resolve this issue?
I have a video of the entire level process, however it is too large to upload at 500 MB.

Please check out the Luban update. @razorblade @CandleFX

Thanks @Jade, @nweolu let us know too. I’ll be lasering in the next couple of hours, and will report back.

1 Like

Hi. I have just installed Luban 4.9.1 and finding issues with the Laser not turning off when printing text or when progressing from one laser cut to another - thus leaving unsightly marks and burns on the job. Any solution other than reinstalling and reverting to Luban 4.8?

Kind thanks

Just did a quick test with a Bag Tag and added some shading to confirm laser strength changing. All looks good. Just seeing @fkjm1b 's message now though. Frank, I’ll test that on my next run.

1 Like

What’s the machine model? Could you please submit a ticket to the support team? Support Ticket Form

You are right that the S0 here is useless.

After the holidays, we will prepare and publish a document that explains the Gcode commands that were updated in the recent firmware update. This type of document should be helpful. I will share it in the community once it’s ready. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My machine is an A350T. I am currently installing the new firmware. I will let you know if that improves the situation. Kind thanks for the replies.

1 Like

@fkjm1b
Same machine as myself. I have just tried with multiple cuts, and it behaved nicely. I haven’t had a chance to text with text, so will look at this when I can. I suspect it is the text tool layer. Could you confirm for my tests:

1. You are using the Text Tool inside of Luban itself (ie, not bring in text via an image/vector file)
  2. Do you have multiple tool paths for each cut?
  3. Do you have multiple tool paths for multiple text layers?

If multiple tool paths is the issue, a workaround would be selecting multiple layers (hold shift), and create a single tool path for all text and a single tool path for all text.

The other thing I could see a potential bug hiding in would be the text tool itself. You could send just the text tool path to burn first. Once the job is done, then run a new job with the cut. This may highlight where the issue is by which fails. If it all works though doing it that way, then the bug would be having the combination of both - but you have also found your workaround too!

Be good to hear your feedback

1 Like

I uploaded the latest firmware and that resolved the issues I had with the laser engraving and cutting. Kind thanks to all who responded with suggestions

1 Like

Hi @Jade, I just now had time to test the update and the connection problem still exists.
Is there additional information I could you provide with?

I upgraded from 4.8.2 to 4.9.1. The auto download would not work, so I downloaded directly and opened the exe. Unfortunately all of the previous print settings have disappeared and only the Normal Print remains. I liked having the other 3, Fast, Strong, etc. to start as base line guides for testing Gcode parameters. Any way of getting them back or downloading someplace. Hoping I don’t have to build them from scratch. Thanks.

Found the issue. It changed my machine type during the update to something other that my 2.0 A350T. All good now.

2 Likes

Using A350 with Snapmaker Luban 4.9.1
Jog speed is set to 3000mm/min
The toolhead moves probably with 200mm/min

Luban 4.8 has quick toolhead movement

How do you measure this?

Using A350T on Latest Firmware and Luban 4.9.1
Jog Speed is set at 3000 mm/min
Working Speed is set at 300 mm/min
in Luban when editing and exporting.

With newly exported files in 4.9.1 during the Laser engraving it moves the whole time at the working speed even if Laser is off. (Noticed with “Fill” option but not on “On Path”)
With older files, exported before the Update to 4.9.1 everything is working as it should and it moved faster if the Laser was off.

New lasers came out…there are bugs.

I am new here. I just updated to 4.9.1 and all settings for laser show as 3D (ABS, Nylon, PLA, etc) instead of MDF, Basswood, acrylic, etc. Also, the option to select vector or engraving is gone. I am learning and the sample projects we had before on the first window, are gone. :frowning: DIfficult to learn this way.

In settings check you machine setup

1 Like