Luban initial layer not altering line width - 0.2mm so close, yet so far!

I’m experimenting with a 0.2mm nozzle for printing some small parts. After setting all the line widths to 0.2mm, it’s so close, yet so far.

Most layers print with the right gap between lines, except the first layer. This is shown in both Luban and in the actual print (see image). This wouldn’t matter with largish prints, but when doing one that is only 8 x 0.04mm layers high, this significantly weakens the print.

Anyone else seen this and anyone have a solution? (other than Cura - which I probably will shift to)

Came here to ask about this since that layer keeps getting ripped off from my prints when removing from build plate. its happening with the .4 mm nozzle for me though

If it’s happening with 0.4mm, it may be an initial layer height issue, or a bed height issue. When setting the work origin on the printer, try lowering it 0.1mm (or if it’s bad, but 0.2, 0.3, etc), OR go into the Luban settings and change the initial layer height. I find that the initial layer height is often just too high.

Out of curiosity, when you look at the layers, like in my screen shots, do they show further apart than subsequent layers, like it does for me with a 0.2mm nozzle? (I might have a play and see what I see as well).

In setting the initial layer low enough to squeeze the 0.2mm layer out enough to join, I have found I now has too much bed adhesion… a very odd issue, and shows that I’m working around the issue!

Let me know how you go.

Hi
Go to these settings from Parameter Display >> More >> Initial Layer Adhesion >> Initial Line Width Factor
Change the value to 100 (Default is 150, you’ll need to do this for each print profile).

When you slice with the default 150, then slice with 100, you’ll see the difference in the preview and in your prints.

These are actual previews:
Settings