Luban does not read dxf files correctly. Advice needed

I imported a dxf and then saved it as svg. Sorry, I guess I should have explained that.

Not sure that Fusion360 is the only tool for the job.

Inkscape is a cross platform, free and open source vector based drawing tool. It can import an image, trace a bitmap, convert it to a path and export that path as an SVG.

You can scale the SVG to specific dimensions, so if you create all the paths directly on the imported image, they’ll all be proportional to each other. You can then group all the paths and scale the boundary to the exact dimensions.

You can then import that SVG into Luban and create a CNC or Laser job with it.

o

1 Like

Anyone using Luban 4.0.1 under Linux ? dxf files that I could import previously . (Version 3.15.1 ) Now give me a (white screen of death) . When Luban doesn’t do a great toolpath job of an stl import , I am forced to create multiple dxf slices and process them in sequence . When dxf’s don’t add, then it turns an easy job into a very long day. I can’t see myself doing svg converts for every slice :frowning: . I am just new to Luban. Is there any way to get logs and such so I can do a useful report to the git folks that are working on Luban ?

Run it from a terminal, e.g. `snapmaker-luban &’. It spews a lot of stuff to the console. You can also run it in gdb and that will tell you where it crashed, though it may not do you much good (electron app, though ther’s probably a special debuggr for those).

I haven’t used 4.x yet, haven’t had the free time to monkey around with the A350.

Thanks for the reply edf. Perhaps I have a chance to make a useful bug report now. For now I am sticking with 3.15.1 . I have tried all sorts of dxf export options and overall 4.0.1 is worse. I hope those of us Linux users that don’t use Fusion360 don’t have our snapmakers rendered useless.