Luban CNC tool path generation bug

I believe I’ve encountered a Luban CNC tool path generation bug. Luban software and device firmware are the latest versions available (details below). The STL file previews correctly:

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 1.47.51 PM

The simulation looks correct:

However, the tool path does not at all match the simulation, and looks incorrect (side view):

The resulting carve matches the erroneous tool path:

IMG_5458 Small

Tool path settings:

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 1.48.08 PM

Snapmaker 2.0 A350, firmware Snapmaker2_V1.41.1_20211207, Luban version 4.1.2

Luban sucks for cnc.

Don’t know about the problem with the tool-path, but you don’t need that small of a stepover for a flat end mill. 1/3 the diameter at smallest, and just less than the diameter at most.

-S

you don’t need that small of a stepover for a flat end mill. 1/3 the diameter at smallest, and just less than the diameter at most.

Thanks for the tip. Since the tool path generated by Luban was back-and-forth and I want the inner edge of the annulus to be smooth, I assumed that I’d need a small stepover to avoid getting a bumpy edge. But most of my CNC experience so far has been with the carving v-Bit.

I’m new to Snapmaker and this forum, but I’m surprised that nobody from Snapmaker support has said anything at all here after three weeks. Does Snapmaker support monitor this forum at all? If so, it would be nice to get some sort of response like “Thanks for the bug report, can you send use the files so that we can try to debug it?”

They have been here from time to time. There was a ‘Golden Age’ when Edwin was very active, he left the company quite a while ago.

If you need to contact the support team then contacting them through email/bottom of the support page of the website has worked very well for me.

SM staff is pretty non-existent on here other than when they post software updates or announcements.
Bugs should be reported at Snapmaker · GitHub under the relevant section.

-S