Linear Advance determining proper k factor

Hey there all like minded people. I’m trying to do a linear advance to figure out the proper K setting for my machine. I’ve done marlins linear advance g code generator with k factors from -10 to 10. I don’t see a damn bit of difference. -10 to 10 is a large variance, is it not? I imagine you are all more intelligent than I, could you please throw some knowledge my way!!! I appreciate you all for the thought. Tdubb

Try from 0 to 0.2. The range you’ve chosen is comically large including negative advance which physically cannot exist. Everybody seems to be getting values around 0.07.

Also the fact that you seem to be seen some sort of linear advance effect at zero is indicative of a larger problem that I can’t tell you what it is but you should not be seen a blob at zero

Thank you Brent113 I appreciate that, lesson learned. I guess I have to figure out why I got a blob at zero. I’ll try to do the filament test where you measure so much and you run a certain amount through the extruder and see if it’s putting the right amount through the extruder.