Lightburn: Newbie question

This is what it says when it freezes. Even after being left for 5-10 minutes

EDIT: second photo

is after hitting stop button when it remains frozen. Tried disconnecting cables, and it changes nothing. Machine still frozen and laser menu displays busy.

Restarted software with cable unplugged. And the laser menu reads ready but the machine is frozen and laser is still on. Console is stuck on “Waiting for connection…”

Unfortunately I don’t have many further suggestions, sorry.

I haven’t heard of anyone else having this issue, and I can’t reproduce. You might try downgrading firmware. I’m not even sure if this is a snapmaker or lightburn issue so I’m not sure who best to direct you to for deeper investigation.

1 Like

I also recently installed an emergency stop button. Next time I reboot I’ll try removing that and see if it makes a difference.

I also can confirm that running the job from lightburn works as expected, but unfortunately when I try to stop it the whole thing gets frozen up. The motors make a light humming sound as if they’re trying to move but can’t. Until I restart lightburn as well as the machine.

I’ll try rolling back the firmware to 1.13.2 or so I guess as I hear it’s relatively stable and should still accommodate my rotary module. I got one for Christmas but I haven’t gotten to play with it because I’m still finishing this last rum tasting flight for my Dad’s Christmas gift!

1 Like

Might be too late but just thought of this: Before downgrading could you export the logs from the touchscreen, if the controller throws any errors it’ll get picked up in that log. Should be able to stick a USB in and I think it’s under settings. If you can post the zip file.

1 Like

I have already rolled back. I can try it a few more times and then post logs here though. I’ve already tried once and had the same issue, so I can still duplicate the issue with 1.13.2 a few times for science and export the logs.

1 Like

@brent113 So it turns out the logs seem to be persistent through firmware updates. Or at least what I’ve seen of them so far. There are a few things in the last few days that seem like they may be related with my little knowledge and experience, but for the most part, I’ve never really looked at these logs before. I’m happy to learn, but unsure of where to start. FW_2.log, FW_3.log, and SC_6.log seem to be the right dates as far as I can tell.

Here’s the dump:

snapmaker_logs - Copy.zip (695.5 KB)