Snapmaker 2.0 A350T and Lightburn

Hey y’all, I have been trying to mesh my Snapmaker machine and Lightburn up and it has truly given me difficulties trying to get them to work together. I have put the gcode in that is suppose to work for it but it engraves too high (.5 or .75in too high) of a level meaning the z offset is messed up. And yes I can put in that the material is 0mm and it will be too high still anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

You can’t set the material height in Lightburn unless you some specific things. You have to set the height snapmaker’s way. Either via the touchscreen or Luban. Any height in Lightburn will be added on that and mess it up.

When I set the height on the touchpad it will just be overwritten by what Lightburn when I tell it to start the job.

Lightburn just puts a G0 Z#, if Luban already moves it and sets an origin, it’ll move that much differently unless you set Z0 appropriately. Setting the height in Lightburn only works if you bypass Luban or the snapmaker interface.

Yeah that’s what I’m doing, just running Lightburn directly to machine.

You can try to run through my Lightburn control guide then if that’s what you’re wanting.

I’ve been through that whole and added all the stuff you did and I’m haven’t been happy with the results. So your telling me I need to change my z offset by changing z#?

Wait, you might have been hit by the latest bug we’ve found. Read the last few posts in the lightburn guide.

Thing******.

Hey some my laser height actually want messed up it was the speed at which was I running it at. So now I’m wonder how fast you’re running it? And also do you have Snapmaker a350t?

I have an old A350 and an A350T. For travel moves I run 6000 and 9000 mm/min respectively. For quality, I engrave around 2000, but I’ve seen no issues with higher speeds as far as Z height.

Thank you for helping me figure out Lightburn with my Snapmaker. Is there anyway to do greyscale with Lightburn?

Edit: whoops, forgot we already went through this, it’s early morning and I’m passing out :upside_down_face:
refer to the last half of this post for grayscale.

You will need a custom firmware, you can refer to this one if you’re on 1.15.21.

It’s edited and compiled by me, and is the one I use on my machine. You can follow the entire guide if you want full lightburn control, but the firmware enables inline power changes required for grayscale.

Afterwards, do some speed/power tests to find the darkest without burning, then do the grayscale test with this image.

More info on how to use the image can be found where I got it:

Keep in mind a lot of synthetic materials, plastic, ceramic, etc. don’t grayscale well, but dithering is still faster on the firmware. Organics like wood take the grayscale well, for maple plywood I use 2000mm/m 0.14 interval, and 5-60% power.

I don’t have a dual extruder tho so how would that work.

It doesn’t require a dual extruder, it’s just for that specific version of firmware.

So update firmware I will do.

Can I use you the first file you posted and ignore the other two.

Does the rotary module work with Lightburn? I saw an option to do that in Lightburn.

I made a pair of guides for that as well. Here’s a collection of guides.

I only see the multiple passes for Luban no Lightburn tutorial for rotary modules.