Latest OrcaSlicer update causing "X/Y movement exceeded travel limit" on every print — anyone else?


Anyone else running into this with the Snapmaker U1? Since updating OrcaSlicer to the latest version, every single file I try to send to the printer gets rejected with an “X/Y movement exceeded travel limit” error (codes 0003-0522-0000-0013 / 0003-0522-0001-0013) — doesn’t matter what the model is. It happens right around a tool change; in the G-code preview I can clearly see the travel path leaving the printable bed area. Oddly, the exact same files print fine if I slice them with Snapmaker’s own Snapmaker Orca app instead. Has anyone hit this on the latest OrcaSlicer build, and if so, how’d you fix it — profile change, rolling back the slicer version, something else? (Screenshot attached showing the travel line going off the bed.)

Sort of. Ever since the last Slicer update I have noticed two things. I can’t select the other plate types (other than standard). I just now got an error got the X Axis error. In my case though I could clearly see that the supports added to exceed the plate. However, what is weird is I didn’t get the typical error message. It looks like the Slicer is not REVALIDATING after the supports were added in my case.

I am getting the same error code - every program tried so far. This is a brand new machine so it has no previous version of firmware to roll back to. My other two machines are on Firmware 1.6.0 and running the same programs just fine. The error box is stating Y-axis travel exceeded whilst the head is in the center of the table, had just touched the table and was in a z-axis retract. The pre-slides dragon ran just fine (of course) but I didn’t purchase this machine because I lacked capacity for running their Benchy Dragon… I am going to manually roll it back to 1.6.0 and hope for the best!

Open a ticket and share the gcode with them, please: