Laser is not cutting the simplest text from Luban

Hi, first run of laser and many problems like others guys. Calibrating laser was almost fine, only automatic camera failed, manual calibrating set on 0.0 the finest line.
Next cutting on printing paper (80g) sended from Luban simple text Snapmaker. Two runs and no one is close to good. On photo you see. Laser is not working on at many lines. On first run not plotting last later ‘r’, secand time laser cut all letters but in othar places not working. Is it problem whith Luban or laser modul or something else? G-code from file online viewed looks fine.

Is the paper reasonably flat, located in the center of the beam waist (perfect focus), and you’re travelling reasonably slow, like 300mm/min?

I’ve had good luck cutting paper, but it requires careful setup and settings.

My settings were 5mm/s (300mm/min), 100% power.

As you can see in pic, SM not pathing laser on all lines in letters. Parameters of speed and power should change a browning, cutting or firing paper but this time problem is in pathing laser head. I saw moving head without laserring on that lines. Tommorow i’ll try from usb not by wifi.

3 times the same file with the same parameters and SM not pathing exactly. What’s wrong with SM calculating laser head path? On pic you can see not pathing on ‘k’, on ‘n’ lower horisontal line on ‘p’ and ‘m’ problem on horisontal line on ‘e’. 3 times and different errors. On simplest vector pathing.
This is not a problem with laser parameters only a path, moving a laser head. G-code file load in online viewer and in Luban showing correct lines whithout errors, blank lines.

How belive to SM 2.0 in more complicated projects?

snap_13897082.nc (27.5 KB)

I mean, I just did this:

I think if you change how you’re thinking about this, and approach it as a material issue or Luban issue, rather than a laser tool issue you’ll be able to make progress.

I don’t think there’s anything about the laser toolhead that is not capable of complicated projects, this was 4.5M lines of gcode.

Edit: About 20 hours

1 Like

Fine work, my respect!
How long did it burn?

Just saw this posted: Laser Power Engraving Issues

Maybe this is a Luban issue? Try disabling path optimization?

File was on pendrive. Luban was not controling laser. File is attached up, What is wrong in attached up file with gcodes? Your project looks very nice, it is dotted, in my cutting text laser is vectoring, so X Y linear modules are moving litle different.

Mine actually isn’t dotted, the laser travels at a constant speed and varies power.

Your file looks fine, There’s nothing wrong with the gcode. The speed is 350mm/min, seems pretty reasonable to me.

My gcode looks like this:

G1 X-0.1 I S109.8
G1 X-0.1 I S109.1
G1 X-0.1 I S111.2
G1 X-0.2 I S111.9
G1 X-0.1 I S113.3
G1 X-0.1 I S115.5
G1 X-0.1 I S118.3
G1 X-0.1 I S121.1
... etc

What are you using software for prepar gcodes with power modulation for image engraving?

Lightburn, with a custom version of the firmware to enable inline power. If you have a use case to help me test it I’ll send it your way. It’s been stable for me, would prefer some more testing before releasing it into the wild.

SM2 A350 was arrived to me 20.12.2020 with FW 1.8, thats reason of error. After changed to FW 1.10.1 laser cutting much batter. Luban 3.12 make a few errors in tracing small not closed lines that bigest not tracing was by FW 1.8.
For knew owners have to update FirmWare first. FW 1.10.1 has got a few problems in 3D printer so SM2 is not perfect :frowning:

1 Like

The problem is not over, it’s better with FW 1.10.1 but the SM still doesn’t work properly. As you can see a lot of lines and holes are not closed. The holes are not round or just part of a circle. Maybe it’s a problem with the linear module. It is bumping when power turned on, it sounds like a twist, the metal vibrates inside, it makes noises without moving, at a certain speed it sounds loud and a slightly different speed is silent, the movement one way is loud as if the metal vibrates and the other is quiet. Linear module is tightened correctly with no loose.
SM Team is it correct or something wrong with my new SM A350?
P70 F600

Test with different speed and power. WARNING Fire hazard full power and slow speed.

I’ve got the same problem.
Could you fix it?

1 Like

I was also having this problem cutting simple shapes from paper using the 1600mw laser and latest firmware at this time. The cut would leave small portions uncut at random places (they look like tabs in CNC work, but not intended to be there).

Slowing the work speed down to 300 mm/hour (from the 600mm/hour recommended by snapmaker for cutting cardstock) seems to mostly fix the problem.

On a side (related?) note, the calibration lines never print out completely - many of the ruler markings are also incomplete and the snapmaker can never automatically determine the best line…