J1S shuts down at 3% of print due to erroneous bed overheat code

So, I just got my J1S last month, and since the latest updates i can no longer use the printer.

I am certain that it’s the printer and not Luban, as I have tried slicing the files several times but same result. I generally print ASA/ PEtG and not PLA, but I don’t think that this should matter.

Issues:

1. Printer wants to print at the wrong temp - I have validated the temp/ material settings in Luban and they are correct, however when I get the file onto the printer it wants to print everything at 200c with a bed of 65 instead of the 245/95c that ASA needs - as a result to get it to stick to the bed I have to adjust the settings every time.
  2. Regardless of whether I leave the bed at 65c or set to 90c as soon as the print gets to 3% it shuts down due to some bed overheat code. - got hold of tech support - they had me remove the bed and check the wiring - all looks good. Now I get the sense that they are dodging my reply with pictures as I have not heard off them in 3 days - usually 24-36 hours has been the turnaround time for a reply.

any assistance is appreciated.

Share a faulty gcode and your luban settings.
Did you try a other slicer like cura or prusa slicer?
Try a little test print in cura and check if you are able to print with a other slicer than luban.

Installed Cura yesterday - could not find a J1S setting in the preloaded profiles, so didn’t get far with that.
I checked Mattercontrol _ slicer from matterhackers for my Pulse XE and it doesn’t have any Snapmaker profiles loaded that I could find.

I have tried printing different things. with little sucess. maybe i will try uninstalling Luban again.

ok update.

started a new print, noticed that the print settings were wrong again for ASA as it seems to default to PLA - so i increased the temperature of the active hot end and plate from 215/65 to a correct 245/85.
About 5 minutes in after just about finishing the first layer the printer started changing the bed temp from manual set 85 to 100!

Having a pretty decent idea that this is what’s causing the overheat and shutdown, I reset the bed temp lower than where it should have been - this stopped the overheat, but I ended up with another failed print due to warping.

Restarted the print a third time, same events occurred as last time however, I now reset the bed temperature to 90c and its holding steady. currently at 4% complete and running smooth.

@5.4.3.2.1.0 I dont think issue 1 is a printer issue. Sounds like you are not assigning the material you want to use to the extruder in use. You can see what materials are assigned to the extruders in the top right corner of Luban. Alse, be aware of that there are different temperature settings for different stages of the print. That is why the temp changes after layer 1.
Issue 2 however indicates some type of hardware or firmware issue…

I don’t think it’s a wrong filament profile on the wrong hot end, however, I just rebooted Luban, so I don’t have any other screen shots of everything. But I have had this material loaded on the left extruder in all of the cut g-code files - they worked prior to this update.

Note: prior to the update I could easily run ASA or PETG out of the left (main) extruder and HIPS / support material out of the right with no issue. However right after the firmware update last week, I started having hot end temperature setting issues.

I will look into your other suggestion for checking mixed temp setting in the slicer code too,

Many Thanks!

@5.4.3.2.1.0 [quote=“5.4.3.2.1.0, post:1, topic:32400”]
Printer wants to print at the wrong temp
[/quote]

But this doesnt make sence. The printer “wants” to print at whatever temp is specified in the Gcode. So I dont see how this problem could be caused by anything other than Luban or the way you are using it…