It’s minus 42 degrees C in Alberta And my laser isn’t working

Hi ,
I first want to say as a new guy ,I’ve learned so much from reading the posts on this forum and thank everyone that’s involved in its upkeep.

I have a problem with the ten watt laser and Luban .
I did the square and protractor lesson and all went well.
However today -
1 I can’t select the crosshairs option it’s always greyed out .
2 I can’t get the camera to work ,nothing happens when I click on it .
3 Every attempt I make at engraving one of the SM file pictures on a 150mm squared workpiece when I transfer the file to the touch screen it says the file is 400 x 400 , so I tried to run the boundary and it runs around the table at 400 I think , I’ve stopped it when it’s obviously not running the 150 boundary .
I’ve set the object size to 130 , so it has plenty room on the workpiece but that’s not helpful either .
I,m hoping this is a dumb mistake or misunderstanding on my part ! I have a long history of me making mistakes ,
So I’m really hoping someone here can tell me where I’m going wrong time after time .

Thanks to any suggestions you can give me .

Unless you’re using it outdoors, title is just click bait.

Maybe start here:

For the dimension problem you have to look into luban, what dimension has your model before generating the gcode?

1 Like

Sorry my bad
That was not my intention.

Thank you I will go and look at that right now .
I’ve found most of the information on the laser set up is for the 250/350 and although similar some of the details are different.

To answer your question I set the workpiece dimensions to 150 x 150 because that’s what I have handy , but as soon as I transfer my file to the controller it shows the picture and says 400x400 .

The other thing that’s a problem the instructions say for the origin offset to choose the crosshair but no matter what I try the crosshair option is grayed out , so it’s like I’m screwed right from the start .
That’s why I thought I must be doing something wrong .
If I could find a way to get the crosshair option the other stuff might fall into place , I know that’s a big ask !!.