Issues with Bottom Layer

Hello friends,

I’ve been having an issue lately and I’m not exactly sure what the resolution is. Basically, I have drawn something pretty simple in Fusion 360, exported that drawing to a .stl, imported that into Luban to print on a Snapmaker 2.0. The problem is: the bottom layer comes out very stringy/spread out - sort of like the temperature is too cold or the z - axis is set too high. Or so it would seem. However after digging a little deeper, I look at the first layer of the drawing, and it looks like so:

In all the subsequent layers, the filament spread looks similar to the second screenshot. I don’t know if this is a Luban issue, a Fusion 360 issue, or if the user is the problem here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Since I’m new to the forums, I have to post the second layer screenshot in the comments

Here’s the second layer:

Probably a Luban issue. You could try slicing with another slicer just to be sure.
I’m thinking it could be the initial layer bottom flow setting…

Or maybe initial layer line width factor. If you change it to 100 it might solve it…

Take a picture of the first layer printed, post here.

Sorry! Should have done that before… it was late and I was frustrated. I’ve tried a bunch of different times, sometimes it sticks and prints all the way through with the first layer looking cold and being off dimensionally, sometimes it doesn’t stick because it’s so stringy and spread out. Here is a shot of the latter:

You Z is wrong, please reduce Z by 0,1-0,2 while print on the touchscreen (swipe right to left and press “z offset”).
There are few tutorials on youtube how to set the Z Offset for the first layer.

That’s what I thought too, but I can print another g-file right behind it and zero issues. I’ll post the .stl when I get a free minute this morning. I don’t believe it’s a printer problem. I recalibrated and set the extruded head to 1mm just the same as I do for every print I ever do, with the same 1mm calibration card I got with the snapmaker 2.0 originally.

Edit: Apparently as a new user, I can’t upload files, so I can’t upload the .stl… sigh
Edit #2: Sorry, I meant .1mm - was typing on my phone on my way into work

0,10 you mean?

I never used Luban for 3d printing. Not sure if this might be an issue there, when you import stl to Luban, can you check if the model actually sits on the bed and not hovering?

Hey nweolu,
I can confirm that the model does sit on the bed. Both print orientations I tried are completely flat with zero raised edges - this initial print layer isn’t a support layer, it’s actually a bottom layer with outer walls.

I’m getting a feeling it’s probably the usual stuff…
Bed has to be clean and z-offset has to be right. Printing other gcodes succesfully does not confirm that the z-height is right. For example, the the layer height could be different…

In regards to the first layer looking weird in the preview, I’m pretty sure it’s the initial layer line width factor if it is set to 150% you can change it to 100% if you want it to look the same as the second layer…

Initial layer bottom flow should do the same thing but without adjusting the distance between the walls… So maybe raise that one if you want the extra squish…