Issue with starting new 3Dprint project in Luban 4

When I start Luban 4(.1 or .2) it asks me if I want to start a “3D-Print project”, a “Laser project”, or a “CNC project” or open the Workspace.

I mostly 3D print, but if I press the button for “3D-Print project” nothing happens. No matter how long I wait, after clicking, nothing happens.

However! -if I click to start a Laser or CNC Project, this screen will open. And if I go “Back” once it is open, I can successfully click on the button for a new “3D-Printing project”

Why do I have to go the route by opening a different type of project before the option to start a 3D-Printing project will work?

Possibly related is that if I then try to load a model into the 3D-Printing screen, the model will appear in the viewport, but the progress bar will never complete. If it ever completes, it gets stuck when trying to slice the model, or importing any second model.
Luban is not unresponsive though, and will ask if I wish to save or discard if I choose to close the seemingly unresponsive program.

If I revert to version 3.14 (the newest “old” version I have saved) 3D printing works fine, both in starting the software, getting to the 3D printing screen, and importing/slicing models.

If any more info (from things to try to other software info/versions) will help, please ask, and I will list what I can

(Windows 10 64-bit / Snapmaker2 / Luban version 4.2 (now reverted to 3.14) in case it is relevant.)

Thanks in advance for any tips or help

Are they both installed to the same location? it might be worth trying installing 4 to a new different folder

They are. Though on my other computer, installing them in the same folder does not seem to cause an issue. It is worth testing though.

So far I have been using the old version still on the first computer, and the newest on my other computer.

My best bet so far would be it having to do with the GFX card/drivers, where the first computer has a decent, but older card, and the other has a newer card. But that is me guessing and judging from the various errors I have found in the logs of Luban