I need help with "Etsy" purchased files that when opening on Luban get error

I purchased several “STL” files from Etsy to do some carving. I have not been able to open them in Snapmaker Luban. Keep, first, during processing the file, Snap Maker Luban becomes “not responding” then get the following error message: "A problem caused by the server to stop serving correctly. Check the service status and try again. the file sizes vary from 16k to 240K MB.

When I try again, I just get the same result.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jaime Rios

There’s a limit to what we can do without a sample file (and if you paid money for them, I can see why you might not want to repost them). Have you done the obvious and opened them in some other program (Blender, frex) and re-saved? If other programs won’t open them either, contact the Etsy seller, because they gave you bad files.

I don’t think it’s a situation where he doesn’t want to, i think it’s more that he can’t. It would hurt the designer, and they are protected now by the same laws as media. You can’t buy a file and share it, even if solely for help, they are protected by DMCA unless the author states otherwise. If they are sold for monetary gain by the author, it keeps them from landing in the Creative Commons License(s) and are protected.

@jaimeriosjr for any model files you buy, it’s best to contact the seller for support.

Thank you for your input. Yes, I will not post them because they were purchased and their creator must be paid for his work. I am further coordinating with him to get something that Snapmaker Luban can read. AnybCNC 3D files types recommended? I am not familiar with what file types will work with Snapmaker Luban. Thank you.

Thank you for your input. Are there any CNC 3D electronic files types recommended? I am not familiar with what file types will work with Snapmaker Luban. Thank you.

Can you share the link for where you purchased them?
At least then we can see the basic design and see if there’s something obvious that won’t work with the SM.

-S