Howdy - new A250 Owner. Suggest Start-up Tasks?

@rtrski

yes here is a link to a thread that covers this: Extruder Calibration a must - #22 by Atom

on the PSU it says input amps is about 4, i would assume a max 5A draw at 120VAC to be safe. that said you should be fine as i have ran my PC (1400W PSU), ender 3, SM2 A350, and other various smaller electronics at the same time on a 15A circuit and have yet to throw a breaker. (not that i would recommend having that much on the same circuit)

i would test with the kickstarter test, i find it to be good and it is what all3dp uses to test all the printers they review. it can be found here: https://github.com/kickstarter/kickstarter-autodesk-3d/tree/master/FDM-protocol

i would remove the hot end and check for debree (has been a problem for some) and while it is out i would apply some thermal paste to the thermister or the thermister hole for better temp control.

additionaly i would adjust the retraction down (most people on here recommend 1mm) i have found 2mm works well for me. but i have not adjusted my K value yet.

I would also adjust your K value as well if you have time. here is some info on how to do that:

i use 4x4 and find it works well enough for me, but that will depend on how flat your build surface is.

if you are familiar with other 3d printing software (cura, simplify3d, etc.) i would recommend using them as the Luban slicer is just about worthless. in fact Luban is probably the worst part about the whole printer (but that may change with time)

good luck, happy making, and let us know if you run into problems (or not :slight_smile: )
-Atom

6 Likes