Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

I really like Onshape, because it is based online and fairly easy to use. I wanted to start with Fusion 360, but hav en’t so far because I am so satisfied with Onshape. I am using the student version so it is also free.

I didn’t try SolidWorks so far. Does it have any important advantages compared to Onshape?

1 Like

SolidWorks has so many features and capabilities that it would take years of solid dedication to just learning about it to become fully trained on it. I’ve been using it for close to 20 years now and I might be really good at maybe 10% of its capabilities! You learn what you need to do and just wish you had time to learn the rest. SolidWorks is a spin off from ProEngineer (which I used for a short time before SolidWorks). Onshape was formed by former SolidWorks CEO’s, executives, and engineers. So they are related in ways. I don’t know enough about Onshape to make the comparison. I just know that SolidWorks can do about anything in the CAD world of capabilities and of course you’ll pay dearly for it.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m John. Building, repairing and using 3D printers is my favourite hobby.
This snap maker is something else, Rigid and stable. Very curious.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Anthony
I just received my printer a few weeks ago. I did a few test runs now it’s onto the big geek projects it was purchased for. Completed this piece after reading lots of advice from this communities forums. Thanks for the awesome machine and everyone for posting all of the tips, tricks and advice.

3 Likes

Hi @Carcharoth

Doug the newbie here, welcome to the party… have fun with your Snapmaker.

Doug

Hello everyone,
my name is Federico and I’m from Turin, Italy.
I received my snapmaker last week and I’m eager to start printing and carving and engraving :smiley:

I’m glad to be in this group and to start my maker career :smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @federuto

Doug the newbie here, I am not sure of your experience, there are many newbies here and we are learning and having fun.

The Snapmaker is fantastic…hahahaha and addictive.

So have some fun and we look forward to your creations. Make sure you checkout the Snaplinks topic for many good links and references.SnapLinks

Doug

1 Like

Hi, I’m Andrea Albanese, I’m an Italian Informatic Engineer. I develop ERP Java based software but I’m interested in this project and in the “makers” world too.

3 Likes

Hello @frushando

Doug the newbie here, welcome to the party and world of wonder.

Jump in. the waters’s fine as they say and we are all having fun.

Doug

Hi, Lars here.

More or less just got my Snapmaker and have some cool stuff planned for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums Lars!

Feel free to share all the cool creations you’re going to make :smiley: We’ve got a few topics with some prints you can make to improve the printer in some ways (Such as deflectors to help print ABS) and even some other topics helping you calibrate the printer (such as this one here in which we talked about extruder calibration).

-Greg

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Torben and I’m a german Electrical Engineer. In the past, I have done several designs with Dimension 1200es industrial printer. I love to have my own printer now.

Several test prints from my snapmaker were amazing. I’m looking forward to creat some cases for my electronic circuits and build some electronic toys for my son. Also the new laser cutter in combination with wood pla would be perfect for creating bigger cases beyond the build volume limits.

Torben

3 Likes

Hello @torbenz

Doug the newbie here, welcome to the party. Snapmaker is brilliant for making cases.

Keep having fun

Doug

Hi All,

Just received my printer and enclosure. Shipping was excellent, with boxes well protected.

Working on laser engraving of wood and leather of pictures for my wife’s dog accessories business. Have a few models I want to try and 3D print for me.

Feedback on printer and documentation is very good. Enclosure had problems being assembled but thanks to an extra corner bracket in the package, all is now good.

Lots of promise in this product. Looking forward to exploring the capabilities.

Cheers.

Chris

3 Likes

Hi @cwiener

Doug the newbie here, welcome to the party. If you have not already done so, have a look at the Snaplinks Topic, which has many great references to help you.

Keep having fun

Doug

Hi I’m Tricky,
We received our Snapmaker Thursday and have been printing ever since.

2 Likes

Hi @Tricky

Doug the newbie here…welcome to the party… you are now a Snapmaker addict hahahaha

Keep having fun

Doug

hi, i’m helen. trying to make dog collars on black leather–is it doable?

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Helen. Are you wanting to laser etch on leather? That’s certainly doable. Perhaps if you explain in more detail what you want to do you’ll get some ideas in return. This forum has lots of creative, helpful, and even down right FUN folks. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Helen

In would probably tack on a lighter coloured piece of leather to the black collar with the lasered image on it for contrast. Black lasering on a black collar may not be visible… but then again you won’y know until your try one.

Have fun and let us know how it went.

Keep having fun

Doug