Help with print adhesion

Good catch. I missed that. Thank you!

1 Like

I just got my A350 and had issues on my second print. I slowed down the speed significantly and reduced layer height. That worked every well in getting the first layer of PLA to stick. Used standard PLA profile.

I’ve been trying to print this calibration tower. The default one works fine. Once I stabilize the retraction distance so i can tune the zoffset, the print prints at the far back left corner of the built platform partly off the plate. reseat default, recreated the gcode, Rebooted printer, everything. I guess zhops just aren’t gonna get tuned.
https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#retraction

I also ave this issue. I usually print with a raft (easier to take the print off)

I found that the raft prints fine with no problem but when my object prints the first layers isn’t sticking…

Anyone got any other ideas?

It’s different for me, and maybe you can help. My prints have too much adhesion. Without my scraper i cant get any print from the bed …and some of my prints (if they are flat) broke. Should i decrease the bedtemperature? Any tips? Thanks a lot

Try to a.) increase your z offset and b.) throw away the snapmaker black filament that came in the box if that is what you are using.

Magigoo acts as both an adhesive and a release agent as it cools too.

thanks, yes i use the black and i will throw it away…

order something better, the stuff that comes in the box with the printer is really bad and causes issues.

even material from the snapmaker store is better, but get something like hatchbox as a good starter filament.

i checked it… cant get Hatchbox pla at the moment, i will try Sunlu or Geetech or maybe AmazonBasic

ehhh, amazonbasic is probably the way to go on that. havent heard much about sunlu or geetech. amazonbasic is supposed to be a decent budget filament tho, altho ppl on the forum dont like it.

i personally buy matterhackers, which is cheap anyhow but high quality, but takes awhile to get.

i actually really like priline filament, the first stuff i had any sort of success with

I am also a newby with the snap maker but found a post by Edwin January 3rd 2020 which was quite helpful with the adhesion. “What should I do if the first layer does not stick to the heated bed?”

I use various widths of blue tape like6 or 12inch width and it works like a charm. I calibrate with the card over the blue tape, no issues with their issued black filament.

I have had luck with using cheap hair spray in the past, but have not had to try it with the A350. I have also used painters tape, but make sure you get tape with a texture. Higher end tape is smoother, and isn’t as effective (at least when i tried it).