Help - replacement kit fail

Hello,

I received the replacement kit for the dual extruder and following the instructions on the WIKI.

I am now getting an error… Extruder R Failed to Home.
Error code: 13-15
Please check if the right extruder is prevented from moving.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to resolve this issue? Can I print using the L extruder until I can get this fixed?

Thanks all.

Hey, think I’ve fixed it.

Nut was in the wrong position…

I was just going to suggest that you make sure the extruder is fully seated in the module. What did you do to solve it?

It was in the right vertical position but was turned the wrong way. It’s quite difficult to see whether the flat surface is in the right position. I turned it 90 degrees and it seems to be working.

I remember now that I had the same problem. I had a brain fart and was thinking “left extruder” when I replied.

1 Like

I’m having this exact same problem, but I do already have the flat surface facing correctly, and the lead screw nut is inside the iron buckle. It makes sort of an unpleasant noise before throwing the error, and then when I take it out, the nut is screwed all the way up to the motor? Still trying to figure it out, but it seems like maybe the nut should be at some very specific spot along the screw, except I didn’t move it when I first took it out, so one would have thought it was already in that correct position.